MotOO Mac Demo Build!
As promised, here it is, the Mac build of the MotOO demo. By the way, we have the Linux build working, so we will be releasing that soon. If you missed the Windows build, grab it here.
Download Link: Mark_of_the_Old_Ones.app.zip
Note: The zipped build is hosted on Google Drive. The zip file is publicly available. If Google is telling you that you don't have permission to access the file, you might be logged into some private/corporate Google/Gmail account...so just temporarily log out of that account.
Mac Build System Requirements:
- Mac OSX (10.7 LION OR LATER)
- Dual Analogue Controller.
- Video Card with 512 MB RAM (Nvidia hardware starting with the GeForce 8x00 series and all AMD hardware starting with the Radeon HD 2x00 series. Also runs on Intel Ivy Bridge GPUs and later, but at lower performance)
- **An Intel HD graphics cards will not work**
- CPU - 3.0 GHz Dual Core processor
- System RAM - 1 GB
- Free Disk Space - 674 MB
Eek. Oops. Yikes. There currently is no convenient in-game menu to edit graphics/sound settings. The hacky way of editing your settings is: 1. Open MotOO. Then close MotOO. Doing this generates an input.cfg and engine.cfg for you. These files live at /Users/yourname/Library/Application Support/Mark of the Old Ones 4. The library is likely hidden. From the finder menu at the top, go to the Go menu, hold option, and the Library should appear. 5. You made it! If you are looking for better performance / more FPS I suggest you make some or all of the following changes:
Change displaySamples from 4 to 1
Reduce your displayHeight and displayWidth (the default is 1920x1080)
Change textureDetailLevel from 0 to 2
Change postGlowBloom from 1 to 0