DoodleWeDo | Boost Your Creative Thinking (Canceled)
DoodleWeDo | Boost Your Creative Thinking (Canceled)
An Invitation to Develop Your Creative Side and Join a Creative Community from around the Globe.
An Invitation to Develop Your Creative Side and Join a Creative Community from around the Globe. Read more
** With the advancement of technology, there has been a growing disconnect with our creative instincts. People now are being more and more drawn away from the simplicity of pencil and paper creative arts to a digital platform powered by batteries and computer processors. In the process, something has been lost.
Introducing: Doodle-We-Do | A Creative Doodle Notebook For Creative People
A Closer Look:
A Unique Doodle Notebook: A quality, hard back doodle notebook filled with hundreds of creative Starter Doodle Line Art.
A Creative Online Community: A website where creative people can connect and share their doodle creations and be inspired by other creative doodlers.
A Doodle Revolution: A new global movement pushed forward by a rediscovered love for doodling and the creative arts.
See How it Works:
Put your imagination and creativity to work by using the starter doodle (one unique doodle per page) to craft whatever drifts into your minds eye. It's a fun, mentally stimulating session of doodling out whatever your creative muse can possibly imagine.
One thing about DoodlWeDo is that it's not exclusive. There's no need to buy any expensive smart tablets or styluses to join in. All you need is a pen, pencil, a doodle, and your imagination.
Thinking Squarely: We designed the DoodlePad with a 17cm X 17cm page layout. That means doodlers can approach their starter doodles from every angle: top, bottom, or side to side.
Oodles of Doodles: There's 180 unique starter doodles included in the DoodleWeDo DoodlePad.
Staying Fresh and Green: All DoodlePads are made from recycled art paper.
Other Cool Features:
- The Perfect Fit: With a total square width of 18cm, we've designed the DoodlePad to be small enough to be easily portable but not too small to make doodling difficult.
- Hard Cover: Hard pad cover to better protect your doodles as well as offer a firm base for a better doodling experience.
- Perforated Paper Edges: Easily remove any of the doodles from your DoodlePad and share them with others or save them for yourself.
- Inside Pocket Folder: We also created a convenient doodle pocket folder inside the front cover for users to keep any special doodles together.
Our goal for launching the DoodleWeDo DoodlePad, the Smart QR Uploading App, and the DoodleWeDo website is to make the process of sharing your doodles with others as easy and streamline as possible.
Our goal is to not only offer a product but a platform where creative artists and doodle lovers worldwide can take part in a culture of ongoing creativity, inspiration, and respectful collaboration.
We think that it's possible for Doodle's to become a common conversation piece to connect countless creative people together.
As a team, we've put a lot of hard work and attention into our Smart App and Website Design. We're working closely with a top-notch software design company in Spokane, Washington. Currently in beta Wire-Frame stage, our plan for the main website will include the following: new user accounts; doodle uploads that can be saved to custom named folders or a favorite folder, with the option to keep doodles set to private or public to allow viewing and comments by other doodlers; users can also have the option to share doodles on popular social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram; public posted doodles can be rated by the community, and top rated doodles will be posted on the popular doodle page of the website; DoodleWeDo users can follow their favorite Doodlers, and can also build up doodle fan followers. Later members will also have the opportunity to join monthly doodle art contests that will be set around a select doodle starter line or a community voted theme; by joining, users will have the chance to win free DoodleWeDo DoodlePads or staff given Top Doodler Badges that will be seen on the users profile page.
The DoodleWeDo Smart App will allow users to easily upload their doodle art to the main DoodleWeDo website, along with other features including access to user's favorite doodles, comments by doodle followers, feed of followed doodlers, monthly contests information, the DoodleWeDo online store, and control to personal user account settings.
Despite what people have come to think, doodling is IMPORTANT. Take a quick look at what awesome attributes these little squiggly marks on paper have to offer.
1. Relax, unwind. One Doodle at a time. Doodling provides the perfect "Creative Escape" that many of us need to create space or break from our daily, hectic life schedule. 10-15 minutes of daily doodling can
2. Got a brain block? Try doodling. Some of the most innovative thinkers of our time were privy to doodling. "The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect, but by the play instinct arising from inner necessity. The creative mind plays with the object it loves." - Carl Jung
3. Sharpen your pencil, sharpen your mind. Doodling does much more than help pass time or alleviate boredom. Recent studies show that doodling can improve memory retention and boost creative thinking.
4. Express yourself. Everyone is creative in some way. You may not consider yourself a great artist but you don't have to be. Doodling is a form of self expression; About learning more about yourself as an artist and creative individual. It provides a powerful outlet to express your feelings and creativity in a visual format, via pen and paper.
5. A Uniquely Human Experience. Doodling in an abstract sense, is a key element that makes us human- the unique ability to communicate and influence our inward and outward worlds through symbolic expression. The earliest hieroglyphics to today's modern written languages are just a combination of squiggly doodles that have allowed marvel breakthroughs and advancements for society.
Back to the Basics: By offering DoodleWeDo, our team wanted to return back to basics of using a powerful form of expression via paper, pen and pencil, a traditional artistic medium that connects deeply with with us all since we were kids.
Doodling throughout history has picked up a bad wrap. Starting from its original inception in the 17th century when a "doodle" was considered a fool or simpleton. Continuing on to 18th and 19th centuries where it was used to describe a swindler and corrupt politician, working its way down to modern times where it's received a better but yet still undignified usage as "to absentmindedly make unintelligent marks on paper."
Only recently with the progression of modern brain and social sciences has doodling been revisited to expose a better view of its power and potential.
A Closer Look:
- Scientists say: Doodling promotes improved concentration and increases retention of new information. Plus, doodling puts you in a state of flow which is one of the essential keys to happiness.
- Historians say: Doodling is the pre-cursor to and the catalyst for some of the most important breakthroughs in science, art, architecture, engineering, technology and medicine. You name it, it started with a doodle.
- Sociologists say: Doodling is the most non-elitist and accessible way to express your individuality. Since we can all do it, doodling together is the most seamless way to “break the ice” in a high-tension workspace or school.
Psychologists say: Doodling is an entry point to your creativity. Once you access that bit of your mind, the possibilities to transform your life are infinite. Doodling is a relaxing, casual and natural way to make life awesome.
(Information above from Jordan Melnick, "Doodle. Your Happiness Depends on It." December 11th, 2013)
The Doodle Truth- A Correct Definition: A better definition of what a doodle really is has been put forward by chief doodle spokesperson, Sunni Brown. As she says, to doodle is to "make spontaneous marks to help yourself think.”
More recently conducted studies show that doodling not only can help you think but can help you remember more opening the doors for greater concentration.
Studies now show that “people who doodle when exposed to verbal information retain more of that information than their non-doodling counterparts. (29% more) We think doodling is something you do when you lose focus but it in reality it is a pre-emptive measure to stop you from losing focus. “ - Sunni Brown (from here TED Talk, "Doodler's Unite!")
Did you know that some of history's most celebrated thinkers were avid doodlers? From philosophers to politicians and presidents; artists to actresses and architects. Take a look...
We've set a 50 day campaign here on Kickstarter. If successful, we plan to move into printing and production throughout January and February 2016, with a final fulfillment date for backers to receive their rewards by early to mid March.
Our DoodleWeDo Team
The DoodleWeDo Team at Innovation Collective is made up of creatives Nick Smoot (Marketing + PR), Lars Huschke (Artist/Designer) and Don Wilder (Designer + Product Development). We're all doodler lovers and super passionate about offering creative products that bring creative people closer together. Home Base for us all is in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. (www.innovatecda.com/labs)
Make Your Mark
Now it's your chance to MAKE YOUR MARK! Help us by supporting the DoodleWeDo campaign and join in with fellow creatives and avid dooders to help take the Doodle-We-Do idea from concept to reality.
Risks and challenges
At Innovation Collective, we're big on big ideas. As a team we realize that carrying out new creative ideas into the real world brings on a number of real life challenges. For the DoodleWeDo project, we've worked long and hard, paying close attention to the many details and processes required to see a successful product and project to successful completion. We're not new to product design or software/web development, and we know how to take creative concepts and bring them to life, following a development timeline and executing tasks ranging from ID design, prototyping, factory production and management, and shipping logistics. We are working with a great print factory and have maintained a great relationship with the management staff, knowing what to expect for the production once we get the green light to move forward.
Every project will have its risks and challenges, but we've managed to minimize those risks by having sewn together a fantastic team ready to take on any challenges that may possibly surface along the way. Our current prototype of the DoodlePad and wire-frames of website and smart app (as shown in the video) shows that we've worked hard to get off to a good start. At Innovation Collective, we value interaction with our backers here on Kickstarter, as each individual showing support is an essential part to the product and projects development and later success. We'll be sure to be transparent with everyone involved by offering regular campaign updates and by answering questions from the backer community as they arise. Join in the fun; join us at Innovation Collective and help push DoodleWeDo forward to bring together doodlers and creatives around the globe for an amazing doodle revolution!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (50 days)