Vision Of the IHA:
Our vision is to be the world’s first choice for online relationship based horsemanship information and resources, instruction, training and competition.
Who We Are:
We are Starting From the Heart
We are a group of obsessed horse lovers, owners and equine professionals determined to help people across the world fulfill their horse dreams through joyful relationship-based horsemanship. Our founder, Farrah Green, has a vision of unifying the world of horse lovers. She has gathered around her a dedicated and talented team of people to help her do just that. We want you to be a part of this group.
So, no matter where you live, what breed of horse you have, what discipline you are pursuing or whether you just want to be safe and have fun with your horse, we have created the IHA for you! Join us today!
What We Are
- An organization that supports it's members with the information they need to better their horsemanship and run their businesses.
- A centralized resource where students of relationship-based horsemanship who are pursuing any discpline and/or interacting with any breed, can find instructors, trainers and facilities to advance their horsemanship journey.
- A centralized resource where horse instructors, trainers and facilities can promote their areas of expertise and who they are to the horse community worldwide, finding the students who are looking for what they offer.
- An organization providing a pathway (the Grades of Horsemanship) promoting relationship-based horsemanship combined with tests that help humans to teach a horse to move in a bio-mechanically correct way in bridle riding, free riding, with ropes, at liberty, in-hand and with long lines.
- A source for sanctioned online competitions, eliminating the need for the expense and difficulties of traveling away from home.
- A source for sanctioned live competitions for those who prefer the excitement and camaraderie of demonstrating their skills in person.
And so much more! www.internationalhorsemanship.org
Be a part of this amazing project and join us by supporting this Kickstarter project.
Tell us what you think, take our survery:
Values Of the IHA
- Respect for training based on the horse’s capacity to bond and perform with joy when people understand their innate behavior and psychology.
- Esteem and support for the pursuit of excellent horsemanship of any type.
- Celebrate the horsemanship achievements of our members.
- Promote and defend the safe and humane treatment of horses.
- Honor our commitments to our horses, our colleagues, and our community that is for anyone rather than focused on any one individual.
The IHA = Harmony without Borders
More IHA Goals:
- Provide a web based platform for the selfless collaboration of successful horse training techniques.
- Facilitate individual achievements by promoting personalized goal setting. As students pursue the grades of horsemanship, the IHA offers access to online competition that builds partnership between human and horse.
- Provide a trusted, board-reviewed reference for horse enthusiasts seeking professional horse training advice from screened instructors and trainers.
- Highlight individuals from around the globe utilizing outstanding horsemanship in their training methods throughout the spectrum of horse development, thereby contributing to the growth of a worldwide knowledge base of humane and highly successful training techniques.
- Connect horse enthusiasts to each other and to equine professionals to assist them during their journey.
- Create a regularly published magazine including inspiring and educational articles from members and professionals, training tips and tricks, quizzes, a listing of member instructors, trainers and facilities, horse health news and information, jokes and much more
- Provide Horse Classified where members can sell equipment, books, DVDs and horses
- Create a Horse Registry where horse owners can keep all the information they want about their horse, including how far along the GOH the horse has come which will accurately define the skills accomplishments and thereby the value of their horse.
We will define quality standards of relationship based horse training from foundation through the artistic level; certify equine professionals and facilities who support the highest level of excellence in this pursuit; create a community of horsemanship enthusiasts to honor and advance the level of relationship based horsemanship worldwide.
Our Competitive Advantages:
- The IHA provides unique educational information to its members to learn safe and fun ways to train a horse based on horse behavior and physical development.
- Offers more skilled instruction that deals with many horse types.
- Teaches members horse training basics and safety with an emphasis on understanding horse behavior through communication, understanding, and horse psychology.
- Teaches horses and humans on the ground as well as in riding.
- Credits applicants with their current level of experience.
- It is possible to complete the program in your own environment – no need to travel for certification.
- Does not require any previous knowledge of a particular horse training system.
- Is for anyone rather than focused on individual horse owners.
- Does not focus only on teaching.
- Instructor program will be more widely available to students.
- The IHA will partner with other horse professionals who are interested in including information on horse psychology/behavior to their existing expertise in their chosen sector of the horse industry.
- Instructors will have the opportunity to advertise to a wider audience.
- The IHA will help to universalize understanding of horse behavior/psychology concepts to increase safety, fun, and JOY!
Contributing to this project will help establish the structural foundation for the IHA's Educational Non-Profit 501c3. The funding will be used to:
1. Build the website to provide community for horsemanship students, instructors, trainers, and facilities.
2. Further promote the IHA so we can grow our membership ranks
3. Create the publications (newsletter/ magazine) to share educational information, entertainment, and stories personal experiences among members, trainers, and instructors.
4. Create on-line competitions that will reward members for the demonstration of those ideals.
Risks and challenges
Call to Action:
All of the founding members of the IHA realize that the goal to create an international association to unite the horse/human training industry is extremely ambitious. Therefore, we wanted to outline the main challenges for potential members and donors so they can see our plan of action and contribute their ideas to help further the cause of the IHA.
Time - Right now all the contributors to this project are volunteers. There is an average of 8 people each spending approximately 10 hours a week on this project since December 2017. That is total of 2,240 hours spent on this project to date (July 14, 2018). The next big step to take some of the burden off of our volunteers will be acquiring the funding to hire full and part-time staff.
Funding - We plan to begin our funding project with Kickstarter. The largest online funding platform for creative projects. This website will help gauge the interest in the project by allowing potential members to pre-order their membership and thereby supply initial funding. We are proposing a minimum of $20,000.00, but the funding has no limit. We realize to accomplish our initial goals, we will need approximately $200,000.00 per year in operating expenses. This additional funding will come after the publication of the IHA website, which will be a conduit for membership registration and services. Once the IHA receives official status as an educational 501(c)3, we can start receiving donations as an additional source of funding.
Influential instructor membership - The IHA has a list of horsemanship instructors that are already interested in the Instructor Membership benefits. We understand the importance of attracting these members in order that our general members can get the help they need with their horsemanship goals. When instructor members enter the IHA as members, they likely will bring their students with them. It will be very important that the IHA set an appropriate standard for instructors in which they can take pride and that shows students their level of commitment and competence to their learning journey.
Slowly growing membership - If we find that our membership growth is not going at the rate that we expect or need it to, the IHA can revamp the Kickstarter campaign according to the suggestions of the potential members and start again.
Rapidly growing membership - We understand the potential market and that the IHA could grow very quickly. Even so, it is impossible to tell how many new members will sign up within the first year. Because of this, it is very difficult to create an accurate budget along with an operational plan. We are making predictions for the next 5 years which, in reality, might be valid for the next 5 months. This will require the IHA to be constantly vigilant in its day-to-day operations, and to continually evaluate the business plan. At the same time, the IHA will stay close to the heart of the vision, mission, and values that initially prompted its creation.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)