Bootsy Collins to bring Unity to commUnity with #iGiveAFunk
Bootsy Collins to bring Unity to commUnity with #iGiveAFunk
This will power/follow the Documentary/Tour/Music inspired by Grammy Winner Bootsy Collins' journey 2 promote Unity in the commUnity.
This will power/follow the Documentary/Tour/Music inspired by Grammy Winner Bootsy Collins' journey 2 promote Unity in the commUnity. Read more
About this project
I actively support and encourage the saving or re-introduction of Music programs to schools around the country and world, I am involved with many Foundations (not including my own)...BUT now it is time to take this show on the road - with the #iGiveAFunk campaign I want to let it be known “we WON’T complain, we WILL campaign!”
What I want to achieve with the #IGiveAFunk campaign is the following:
- I want to tour the world doing concerts to bring attention to #iGiveAFunk.
- Together with others, I want to teach the power of music to youth (real music, with real instruments, not just computer generated- music created & played TOGETHER)
- While stopping in these communities I plan to use the attention that my the concerts attract in the media to shine a spotlight on different activities/causes in that community and to help them spread their important messages.
- #IGiveAFunk wants to partner with different organizations with the same goals, to be the fabric that stitches them together - the way Facebook is the social layer for the internet.
- We want to open the 'Bootsy Collins Center for Creative Arts and Innovation' that teaches these principles to youth in our communities and then spread these workshops to our partners in the US and all over the globe.
- We'd love to partner with larger organizations and get #iGiveAFunk gear in stores and into the hearts of more people- so you too can show the world that yes, #YOUGiveAFunk!
We’re out to actively Tour the World, touching down in as many cities, states, and countries as possible to spread Unity in the commUnity...the power of music can strengthen bonds and bridge gaps.
To make a difference the simplest thing you can do is “Reach out, and touch somebody!” THIS is what #iGiveAFunk is all about...I will be touring the Globe touching the hearts, minds, bodies, and souls of those in my path with that PURE-UNCUT-FUNK-DA-BOMB spreading a message of Unity!
WE ARE READY TO HAVE A FUNKY GOOD TIME!!! IT’S ABOUT THE MUSIC AND THE GROOVEMENT! Spreadin’ the Funk and creating Unity in the CommUnity through this Funky Groovement! There is a clear void in our society where Good is often overpowered by bad, where Positive is out shined by negative. This campaign is about the end of these things! Cities were built by people working together, and are now being torn down by people divided. We have lost touch of one of The One things that helps make life worth living...UNITY.
This Groovement is being spearheaded by the one and only Bootsy Collins!! FUNK MUSIC LEGEND!!! The Funkiest Bass Player EVER! Legendary member of Parliament-Funkadelic…Oh you know the music… “Flash Light” and “One Nation Under A Groove” and of course “Stretchin’ Out” with his own Bootsy’s Rubber Band! Ahhhhh the name is Bootsy, “Bootzilla,” “Telephone Bill”, “Body Slam.” Bootsy also collaborated with Deee-Lite on their massive hit "Groove Is in the Heart"!!
And now words from the man himself....
Music is one of the things that can help UNITE people when they're divided! I have worked with countless people in the industry...JAMES BROWN, BEYONCE, JAY-Z, FATBOY SLIM, SNOOP DOGG/LION, SHIRLEY MURDOCK, BERNIE WORRELL, JOEL "RAZOR SHARP" JOHNSON, LIL BOW WOW, METHOD MAN & REDMAN, 2PAC, DO OR DIE, NOTORIOUS BIG, MACK 10, SPICE GIRLS, TOO SHORT, GEORGE CLINTON, JON B., ADINA HOWARD, ERICK SERMON, EAZY-E, ICE CUBE, and DR. DRE to name a few...many say that my work is the corner stone of what Good music is today...BUT what GOOD is all of that without...UNITY?
We are ready to lead the world in proclaiming #IGiveAFunk, "I-GIVE-A-FUNK"!
We need to let it be known:
- #IGiveAFunk about my music
- #IGiveAFunk about artists owning their own work
- #IGiveAFunk about artists owning their own image
- #IGiveAFunk about our youth
- #IGiveAFunk about our health care
- #IGiveAFunk about WORLDWIDE TOURING
- #IGiveAFunk about seeing THE FUNK
- #IGiveAFunk about what is important to YOU
This ain’t no movement, this is a Groovement! If you’ve been out to the show before, then you know, NO MATTER WHAT HAND WE'RE DEALT, WE GIVE UP THE FUNK TO THE BEST OF OUR ABILITY & WITH THE FANS HELP WE ALWAYS KEEP THE FUNK ALIVE.
What's the $100,000 for?
- We need this to enable us to have a better control of our Touring and business as a whole, we have been a part of a continued amount of ventures that we know would touch a lot more lives if people were simply made aware in time to be involved.
- This will enable us free reign to go to areas that were normally too expensive for us to visit because of rental expenses, or excessive traveling fees.
- During the course of the tour we will be actively engaging communities in a way that we can bring awareness and support to causes within them that are in need of a light to be shined on them. We will be recording these journeys and in the end using the material to product a documentary and album all inspired by the experience.
- I'll also be personally taking your Stories to heart and the studio with me as I work on the #IGiveAFunk CD! I plan to record at least 15 tracks that will make sure you live your life as Funky as The One meant it to be!
- Midnight Star
- Keith Cheatham (my MD, formally of the Group "Sun")
- Razor Sharp Johnson (does he need any introductions!?!)
- Shirley Murdock
- Eddie Levert
- Candice Cheatham aka Galax-C (my Lead Vocalist, she's been featured on several of my albums under various aliases)
Risks and challenges
As you may or may not know recording an album can happen sooner or some times later then you expect. Sometimes you're just waiting for that moment, when the One hits you for you to be able to Funk em up and Lay it Down. I got a team of people in place who will do their best to get every item shipped and delivered on time.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)