We are almost there! 27 day campaign! Copper Horse Coffee is a brand new small-batch coffee roaster starting up in Ithaca, NY. Our new Roastery & Tasting Room is about to open! We have already finished the build out and purchased our coffee roaster and packaging equipment. We are turning to you on Kickstarter for our final stage of the process: getting our roaster installed, sourcing our first round of green coffee and purchasing our tasting room equipment and supplies. We can not wait to start freshly roasting coffee in small batches for you!
A decade ago at Carriage House Café in Ithaca, NY, the busy back of house was buzzing under the direction of Kristian Woodall and the fluent front of house service was flowing under the management of Jesse Harriott. Whenever Kristian and Jesse met for meetings, a break in the action, to dream, or just laugh together, it was a moment shared over a cup of coffee.
In 2006, Jesse left Carriage House Café to pursue the art of coffee roasting in the Midwest, while Kristian has been cultivating the premiere brunch spot in Upstate New York. Over the last decade, Jesse and Kristian have been staying in touch. And when that rare, wonderful moment of catching up over coffee with an old friend has happened over the last few years, they have been dreaming…
Dreaming of a coffee roastery that cares about and highly values people, exceptional coffee quality, warm hospitality, affordable pricing for customers, environmental sustainability, transparency in sourcing and the simple fun of sharing great coffee and the story of that coffee with others.
Another friend came along who loved and shared a similar vision, Caleb Scott. He has introduced Kristian and Jesse to a new level of excitement and passion toward the dream of a coffee roastery that cares. Encouraged, enthusiastic, and empowered to move forward making our dream a reality, we are Copper Horse Coffee Roasters. ABOUT US
COPPER HORSE COFFEE
Coffee is Culinary - Personal - Just Good
We are a small-batch coffee roastery and tasting room in Ithaca, NY, specializing in fantastic fresh crop specialty coffees from around the world. Our coffees are sourced through transparent and sustainable partnerships with coffee farmers, exporters, and importers. Then, the coffees are meticulously roasted to highlight the inherent nuances within each bean including their variety, process, density and terroir.
Roasting coffee is part art and part science. We stay focused in method and creative in our approach. Oh and love - there’s lots and lots of love. Our coffees are roasted in 10-20 pound batches, hand-sorted before and after roasting, and hand-packaged in hand-stamped bags.
We want to share the simple fun of our good coffee with you, and we hope you’ll share it with your family and friends. A little sharing goes a long way - and like the namesake copper horse weathervane, it never goes out of style.
Copper Horse Coffee Roasters’ focus points are as follows:
- Provide a memorable and warm experience at our Roastery & Tasting Room
- Value the importance of our relationships with people involved in the Seed to Cup Process from our farmer friends to our customer friends
- Maintain the highest standards of quality control and consistency
- Offer an affordable price for our customers and friends
- Be transparent in our market pricing and sourcing of coffee
- Freshly roast in small batches under 20 pounds for optimal environmental temperature and maximum roast profile control
- Source coffee through fair pricing and sustainable, long term relationships with coffee farmers, exporters and importers
- Purchase high scoring specialty grade fresh crop coffees grown, harvested and processed in accordance with Earth-friendly practices
- Create coffee blends using the highest quality coffees as ingredients with purposeful, culinary technique including providing seasonal blends throughout the year with new arrival coffee
- Support businesses in their success by supplying wholesale coffee with the warmest service and our best effort to assist them in enhancing their customers’ experience
- Assist our customers with brewing equipment and specialized knowledge for an optimal home brewing experience
- Share the simple fun and unique stories of each great coffee with our valued customers and friends
Please support our final efforts in making this dream a reality. We are so very grateful for your backing. Thanks everyone! Click Below! Here we come!
Always Drink Upstream From the Herd
Risks and challenges
Our rewards for this project are being prepared so that we can easily fulfill them in an efficient and convenient timeframe. We are well prepared with contingency plans for any issues resulting from the final installation of our equipment. If we have any unexpected delays, we will put our backs into it and work tirelessly to adapt and overcome any obstacles in our path. Thank you so much for your support!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (27 days)