- Tooling for die-Conventional Stamping
- Tooling for Injection molds for Handles
- Stainless steel stock, TPR, and fulcrum hardware
- Stamp, grind, curve, heat treat, and polish blades
- mold handles
- all freight, shipping and associated costs
- Kickstarter fee and payment processing fees
- Unique patent pending handle and right angle design, which allows for superior ergonomics, and allows you to keep your hand out of the way of what you are cutting
- Patent pending rounded, chamfered interior angle portion of the lower blade to help prevent binding while cutting firm materials; along with a full-length grind of the upper blade to likewise prevent binding
- 420 stainless steel heat treated polished blades with extended tang for increased strength
- Ambidextrous handles for right and left handed use
- Length : 6.5"
- Height : 5.5"
- Width : 0.5"
- Weight : 4-5 oz (weight will be finalized in production)
The story of Right Shears
My father-in-law and I were cutting wire mesh to cover a basement vent on his home in order to keep the critters out...a common problem here in California. It was a two person job: he held the wire mesh apart while I hacked at it with a regular pair of snips...and the wire mesh in return hacked away at our hands! I kept thinking that I had to get my hands out of the way of that wire mesh somehow, and when the solution occurred to me, I knew it was something I had to build! So I drew some sketches and cut out some cardboard and made the first (rough) prototype of what would become Right Shears!
I started out creating Right Shears with the intention of building a tool that I wanted to use, in order to solve a problem that I was facing, and I ended up with a radical pair of scissors that is useful beyond my wildest dreams! Not only do they solve my original problem, but also many other problems such as the tricky ergonomics of conventional scissors. I believe that Right Shears are useful for every single person, but I am unbelievably excited by the prospect of helping people suffering from various conditions affecting hand, wrist, arm and shoulder movement! Please join me in bringing Right Shears to them and to the world!
Risks and challenges
Right Shears will be fulfilled using ShipWire to ensure accurate and timely shipping and handling.
I have a quote, agreement and schedule from NuSharp and LPlus Tech (upon which the above schedule is based).
I have calculated all freight, insurance and associated cost estimates.
I calculated shipping estimates from ShipWire for US and worldwide for all shipment sizes of Right Shears.
While my wife and I do let our 3 year old daughter use Right Shears though they are too big for her (and she was still able to use them more quickly than her preschool training scissors), we do so under close supervision. And we urge you to do the same with children, or anyone else you deem needs supervision, while using a revolutionary new type of scissors.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)