Important Product and Shipping Updates
We have some great news for you and some not so great news. We’ve had our hands full lately, hard at work trying to bring the Morph into production. We’ve also been spending time gathering feedback from users and using this feedback to improve the devices that we’ll be shipping. We're excited to share some of the improvements to the Morph with you below:
The Good News
- We’ve improved the sensor scan electronics on the device. This allows us to read out more detail from the sensor array, meaning that there’s better resolution for any object placed on the sensor. We can now pick up smaller and more precise tools, such as fine paint brushes, in greater detail, and detect the difference between palms and fingers and pens (which is critical for using the Morph with art applications).
- We’ve found a way to electrically “shield” the sensor, making it more robust in any harsh environments you might use it in and increasing the device's accuracy and performance.
- Based on user feedback, we’ve added LED indicators to display the status of Battery Life and Bluetooth Connection.
- We’ve added a custom battery to lengthen the battery life when operating with the Morph wirelessly.
- We’ve expanded the Active Area vertically by 10 mm allowing edge-to-edge finger-tracking.
- We’ve added more magnetic sensors, allowing us to detect thousands of overlays.
- We’re spending time doing reliability testing to make sure that the device is durable and will survive all the environments you may use it in. As a part of this testing, we used a robot to tap the sensor millions of times in different locations and it passed with flying colors, maintaining its capabilities without any observable degradation! (see video of tap test below)
- We’ve completed our final prototyping run -- the design is now final and ready for production.
- The Sensel Team has expanded to better support the launch of the Morph and all of the improvements we’ve made to the device.
The Less-Good News
Since this project began, we've made sure to optimize for quality at every step. Unfortunately, our desire to ship the perfect product has pushed out our delivery schedule. The next build will happen at our manufacturing partner's factory in July, with these units going towards FCC and CE testing. The high-volume production of Kickstarter units will start in September with the units shipping in October.
We plan to send out regular updates on the production process and are very excited to share our progress with you! We appreciate your understanding and patience at this time, and truly can’t wait to get the Morph in your hands and see what you create with it!
The Sensel Team