About this project
Who are we?
Cecily Vessey is an artist based in South London. She is best known for her architectural drawings that she applies to an array of ceramics, textiles, stationery and art prints. Her items are stocked in a wide range of shops and institutions including the Shard, Design Museum, Tate Modern, Natural History Museum and British Library. Previous custom collections include one for the Houses of Parliament. She also creates bespoke wedding stationery and draws private homes and other buildings.
Georgia Bosson is a textile designer, her studio produces a constantly evolving collection of printed textiles and fabrics which are all made in the UK from the highest quality linens and organic fabrics. Georgia has additionally completed large scale commissions for clients including; The White Company, The Times and Studio Weave. She regularly carries out private commissions as well as stocking her product range in boutiques across the UK.
Why are we working together?
We met a few years ago whilst selling our wares at events around London, since then a love of eating tasty food, cycling and visiting the seaside has helped to cement an invaluable creative friendship. We first collaborated on a mural for a pop up shop and then went on to create a print and mural of the 'View From Peckham'. Following on from the success of that and looking for an excuse to work together again we hatched the plan of a Kickstarter funded series of prints and exhibition.
Why do we need your help?
Creating new work and exhibiting in London is getting more and more pricey. Despite doing alright when it comes to running our own businesses the idea of putting down £8.5k for printing costs, hiring exhibition space and all the other things in between is both scary and unattainable without a bit of help.
From this Kickstarter we want to create 12 new prints (sized 36cm x 32cm) and exhibit them in Central London at the start of November. The theme of this series of prints is 'Landmark Locations'. Both of us have lived in the U.K. for most of our lives and we wanted to make 12 new prints celebrating some of our favourite places.
Each print will be screen printed by the artisan screen printers at Sonsoles Print Studios in Peckham South London. Sized 36cm x 32 cm, printed on 300gsm Fabriano Paper.
The 12 Landmark Locations are:
- Edinburgh - Hogmanay
- Bristol - Clifton Suspension Bridge
- Battersea Power Station - Work in Progress
- Yorkshire Sculpture Park - From The Deer Shelter
- Cornwall - St. Ives
- Henley on Thames - The Royal Regatta
- Isle of Wight - St. Catherine's Lighthouse
- Kennington - The Oval Cricket Ground
- Greenwich - From the Wolfe Statue
- Chatsworth House - In The Autumn
- Crosby Beach - Another Place Sculptures
- Oxford - From Boars Hill
What we will do with your money...
Your money will pay for all the things involved with making and exhibiting prints.
- Hiring exhibition space in Central London
- Printing 1200 limited edition screen prints (sized 36cm x 32cm) on high quality Fabriano paper with details such as metallic and gloss inks
- Framing the prints for the exhibition
- All packaging and printed matter
- All extra bits for the exhibition like window vinyls and props
- Printing our calendar and postcards sets
Your rewards for being so nice to us!
- Thank you postcard (£4)
- Postcards, set of 12 featuring the Landmark Location images (£10)
- Landmark Location 2017 Calendar( Early Bird £11, Kickstarter £12.50, RRP £14.50)
- Limited Edition Screen Prints of the Landmark Locations at a special Kickstarter price (Early Bird £40, Kickstarter £46, RRP £52)
- Opportunity to commission your very own Landmark Location original (£950)
Risks and challenges
We have approved all of the artwork for this project and have found wonderful suppliers to work with. The only problems that will arise with the completion of this project is if any of the suppliers cannot deliver on time.
The chances of this happening are incredibly small but if any delays do happen you will be the first to know!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (29 days)