Monthly Update 
This is the twenty-fifth in a series of monthly updates we'll be posting on the last Saturday of every month (JST) until Tokyo Dark's release. If you want to follow development in more detail and you are an [ Access Pack ] + backer remember to drop into the Tokyo Dark backer's forum for our weekly updates every Saturday. If weekly and monthly updates aren't quite enough, you can follow us on Twitter or Facebook for your midweek Cherrymochi fix.
[ Dev Update ]
This is going to be one of our shorter updates. For exciting reasons. There will be another update along soon with all sorts of goodness, before next month's usual monthly update is due.
What's that I see in the distance? It's coming this way! Looks like a train, could it be the Yamanote line? Or... wait... maybe it's the HYPE TRAIN!
[ Team Work ]
We're at our busiest ever right now, a stack of 'one day jobs' that are regularly turning into '3 day jobs'. But our to-do lists are growing shorter and shorter and we think all our hard work is showing in the final game.
This past month has gone by in a blur, sorry we've not been posting much on Facebook / Twitter etc. We've been heads down, non-stop. We're still here and everything is going well, but like with all big projects there is always a push to try to find time to get everything wrapped up towards the end.
I couldn't be more proud of the Cherrymochi team. Like a graceful swan we're gliding smoothly across the surface, while kicking like crazy below the water!
If there was ever a time when the team could use a bit of ❤ and motivation from you, for a final push, now's the time!
[ Game, stretch goals & final rewards schedule ]
There will be a lot more info with specific details & dates soon to come, but I wanted to briefly cover the steps we'll be taking to get everything out to you all. The exact schedule and order is not locked down yet as we are working with 3rd parties on a number of these steps.
- Launch Tokyo Dark on Steam for Windows
- Launch non-Steam Tokyo Dark Windows version
- Begin work on Mac build
- Update with Gamepad support – As all you alpha players know, Tokyo Dark has supported gamepad since day one. Right now though we are not happy with our gamepad controls, they are not to the quality we'd like them to be & we don't want to rush them out. We're planning gamepad support to come as a post-launch update once we can get it right.
- Patch any issues that come up from launch – Though Square Enix helping us with QA is awesome, we'll be ready to quickly catch and patch any issues that slip through the net.
- Produce limited edition physical copies of Tokyo Dark on disc for backers who pledged at those tiers. (We will start production after digital updates added, so the disc copy is not missing any important patches etc.)
- Create [ Fan Sub-support ] update, guide and tools
- Send final physical rewards (Box set, Audio CD, Art books) to backers
- Launch Mac version
Once those steps are complete our work on Tokyo Dark will be done!
[ Backers credits ]
Here's a little preview of the backers credit section. You can access this from the main menu after starting the game & features a sideshow of our concept art.
[ Part of the Game ]
Thank you to all [ Part of the Game ] backers who have returned their likeness release forms, it's great how positive everyone has been! We can't wait for you all to 'meet' yourselves in game!
We've not heard anything from a handful of [ Part of the Game ] tier backers (We have sent follow up messages to these backers we're missing. So if you have sent yours but haven't heard anything from us, that's a sign we have it, and all is great!) We really don't want to have to remove your characters from the game. So please get in touch with us asap! We'll do our best to get in contact with you again over the next week too.
Here is a look at one of our backers you'll meet in-game:
That's all for now.
We'll be back sooner than usual.