Hello! My name is Meadow Anderson. For more than two years I've been spending my days working with clay at a great community studio. (Thank you, Radius!)
But now I've outgrown my little corner at Radius and it's time for a studio space of my own. I found an amazing spot in NW Portland near Forest Park, and it's time to acquire equipment and supplies so I can keep my hands busy and get the orders filled.
You'd be very welcome to join me in this adventure! (and it is certainly an adventure)
Before I discovered ceramics, I devoted many years to science. I began working with clay almost by chance, but even before I'd acquired much skill, I already felt that this was what my hands were meant to do. I've spent the years since practicing.
And now finally the delight I feel in working with clay is starting to be captured in the finished pieces. It feels like the right time to experiment with larger work and more challenging projects, which this new studio will make possible. I'm really looking forward to making it my own.
And if you do want to join me in this adventure, you will of course be rewarded.
In addition to the satisfaction from being part of this exciting step into a new studio space, you'll also have a beautifully crafted piece to use and enjoy in your own daily life. It might become one of your favorites (it's happened before).
- a funnel to make refilling spice jars tidy, easy, and fast
- handmade vases in playful turquoise shapes or stately bottle forms
- porcelain and black clay planters for cultivating your favorite succulents
- salt pigs with handmade spoons
- lovely little candleholders for tea lights
- bike mugs (I suspect you've already noticed that I really like bicycles)
- porcelain mugs painted with a molecule or equation of your choice (or your name or a quote, if you prefer)
- a pair of ascending crow tumblers
- limited edition porcelain mugs with an original sketch of a flower or plant from Forest Park
*** new rewards ***
- hand painted owl mug (one of a kind)
- pair of crow taking flight mugs
- ascending crow dinnerware set for four (4 dinner plates, 4 salad plates, 4 bowls)
To receive your reward, this project must be fully funded. Any help sharing the story is greatly appreciated!
Here's what a fully funded $5,500 will buy:
- a new pottery wheel with a good supply of throwing bats,
- clay and glaze materials,
- a new programmable electric kiln to fire my work, complete with shelves and posts, and
- shipping supplies and postage to send you your rewards.
All of my work is meant to be used, so it isn't quite complete until there are flowers in the vases and tea or coffee in the cups. Although this project is certainly about acquiring equipment, it is even more a way to connect me with people who will love and use the work I make. If you've already shared it, thank you!
Risks and challenges
Life is full of uncertainty and surprises, but I will do my very best to fulfill all the rewards once I am fully funded. The biggest risk is a delay in getting a kiln or a wheel delivered, but if need be I'll borrow or barter to get it all shipped out in time. I'll keep you posted. And rest assured, I'm just as impatient for you to get your pieces as you are to receive them (possibly more).
I've been working as a full-time ceramic artist for over two years now. Feel free to pop over to www.meadowdesign.etsy.com to see customer reviews and a history of sold orders. I also have plenty of experience from previous work to draw on (that Ph.D. in Chemistry will come in handy someday...).
You can also reach me at email@example.com.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (22 days)