Über dieses Projekt
HELLO AND WELCOME...
....to my very first Kickstarter project!
My name is Frederik von Lüttichau and I am the writer, actor, director, producer & editor of my debut short film BEFORE YOU GO TO BED. I hope that this page will tell you all you need to know. ENJOY!!!
Before You Go To Bed is a classic short horror film about a young man being drawn into dangerous paranoia. One night he believes that there is somebody else with him in his flat and as the film goes on he doesn't know anymore what is real and what is not real.
It reminds you of the early Polanski films, the horror of the apartment space, claustrophobic & unsettling. A paranoid zone of terror.
Here our first TEASER !!!
I've always been fascinated by the human consciousness. Why do we do what we do? Why do we live the way we live? Why do we think what we think? ... Why do we have fear?
Every human has some form of fear every day. For some it's more, for some it's less. In this film I want to explore schizophrenia, and why it is so frightening.
At the Kogan Academy of Dramatic Arts in London, where I studied The Science of Acting (developed & established by the great Sam Kogan), I learned how our consciousness is influenced from the moment we are born and also how it is conditioned by fear. How many thoughts do we have in our head which we don't want to be discovered for? How many thoughts exist in our head which we are afraid to see ourselves? Why are these thoughts there?
Franz, the character of the film, has a lot of these thoughts and is at a point in his life where his past catches up with him. Whatever slumbered in his head over the years since he was a child is coming out now. He can't suppress those thoughts anymore....but he doesn't know himself if they are real or not, which is terrifying.
I also took a lot of inspiration from one of Roman Polanski's earlier films 'The Tenant' which is also based on one man, alone in his apartment, loosing touch with reality.
WE ARE AIMING TO RAISE A MINIMUM OF £2,000. WHERE IS ALL THE MONEY GOING?
- SOUND - A big part of the money will be invested into the sound design of the film. Especially in the horror genre the sound is one of the most important things. I want you to engage with the characters. You should hear what they are hearing. You should feel what they are feeling. Where did that sound come from? Left? Right? From underneath? Behind you?
- MUSIC - The score is as important as the camera work and the editing. Building the right tension and suspense at the right time is the key to an overwhelming cinematic experience. I want the audience to get sucked into the story and be terrified, even if they are not looking at the screen.
- GRADING - We want to create a really creepy atmosphere. The grading is very important to make the film much, much darker, place shadows and contrast and fix anything that needs to be fixed to give the film a unique look of paranoia.
- FILMFESTIVALS - We want the film to be shown around the whole world so as many people as possible can watch the film on the big screen. But we need money to pay for all these submissions (around £50 on average) and market the film at the festivals too.
- KICKSTARTER FEES - Nothing comes for free. Kickstarter take a small slice of the money raised to cover their costs.
REWARDS REWARDS REWARDS !!!
We have put together a wide range of rewards from an awesome blooper-reel and behind the scenes footage to private Skype sessions and dinner with the director. We have thought about what we can offer and what will get people excited. Here an alternative film poster!!!
FREDERIK VON LÜTTICHAU - Writer, Actor, Director, Producer & Editor
"Growing up as a kid we didn't have a television. Well we had one but only for watching VHS. The times I went to the library to borrow the exciting kind of films with the ID of my older brother were endless. This is when I started to love film."
After having graduated from The Kogan Academy of Dramatic Arts in London, where I studied acting and directing, I've done a lot of different films, also playing the lead role in the recent horror feature HUSET directed by Reinert Kiil. After that I was determined to do my first short horror film myself. I am a huge Polanski fan and I think his movies have a quality that not many other movies have. I took a lot of inspiration from Polanski's THE TENANT when I started working on Before You Go To Bed. I like playing around with the surreal elements, and also schizophrenia is a topic that I wanted to experiment with in this film.
SASHA BAJAC - Director of Photography
"I have been working with Fred before and I was very excited when he told me about the project. After I read the script and saw the storyboards, I jumped at it straight away. We spend a lot of time talking about it, preparing ourselves, he was explaining to me what he wanted and we changed a couple of things together. It all happens in one location and there is no dialogue. It's literally Freds acting, the camera moves, sound and style that carry the film. I'm looking forward to see the film finished with sound and score and I think we gonna do very well at festivals. We got something with a lot of suspense. Well...wait and see ;-) Give us some support so we can finish the post production quickly and thank you so much for your help. See you at the premier!"
MAMIKO MOTTO - Film Music
Mamiko Motto is a DJ, producer, composer and founder of the GASS record label. Her leading radio show on NTS is recognised for breaking some of the biggest underground artists in electronic music and she is, as Frank 151 describes—“A Swiss Army knife of the music industry.” An international touring DJ, Mamiko produces and composes under various monikers including Wednesday Nite, with previous releases on Warp and Big Dada. Her sound design for video games has been featured in “Butterstar Galactica” by Hudson Mohawke and other audiovisual projects. GASS was launched in 2015. Mamiko is currently working on an exclusive compilation for Boyz Noise records, alongside composing music and soundtracks for visual art and film.
ETIENNE RALLU - Sound design
"As a sound designer a horror film is always interesting because it lets us play with the mystery. We want the audience to listen carefully for any signs that could help the character and we want to build the tension that will make them jump off their seat at the right time. This is a work of precision and that's why it is passionating."
REST OF THE CREW:
1st AD: Joanna Ebuwa
Gaffer: Tristan Hutchinson
Make-Up: Ruth Elizabeth Chanter
Stills photographer: Fedi Gioia www.fedigioiaphotography.com
HOW YOU CAN HELP?
1. Back the Project - The trick with Kickstarter is, if we don't meet or exceed our £2,000 target, we get nothing. Any amount helps us achieve this goal!
2. Spread the Word - Whether you are able to donate or not, sharing this project on your social media accounts or via email truly helps us build the community that will get this film made.
4. Get in Touch - Have questions? Want to learn more? Write an article? Let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any help is so much appreciated!!!
Come along for this ride and revolution to bring back classic horror to the big screen and help spreading BEFORE YOU GO TO BED around the whole world :-)
Risiken und Herausforderungen
We have worked tirelessly on this project for the past year and are determined to see it through. The main risk for us at this stage is not finishing the film, and not sending it to festivals worldwide. To have gotten this far and not finish the film to the best of our ability would be tragic, which is why we are setting up this kickstarter, to ensure we finish the film in the way it deserves.Näheres zur Rechenschaftspflicht auf Kickstarter
Dieses Projekt unterstützen
- (30 Tage)