Twelve iconic artworks from Hugo Award winner John Picacio, featuring some of his best science fiction & fantasy cover art. Read more
This project was successfully funded on November 28, 2012.
Great News: Calendars + Rewards On The Way!
The news you've been waiting for -- the 2013 John Picacio Calendars and sketchbooks are back from the printer -- and they look dynamite!
1) I wanted a calendar that not only had great printed quality but solid production value in the materials. I didn't want a flimsy, run-of-the-mill calendar, but something reasonably sturdy and more durable than most calendars you buy in stores these days. Very pleased with the results, and hope you will be too.
2) Not only do the calendars look terrific, but you're receiving a bonus centerfold in the middle -- the cover artwork for Brenda Cooper's THE CREATIVE FIRE! :) (Also featured as the July artwork.)
3) The sketchbooks turned out great too. These were produced on a super-tight timeline, but the hard work and effort was worth it. There were only 500 of these printed, and I signed 'em all on the inside front cover. So for those of you that pledged $35 or more, it's a nice bonus collectible, and a snapshot of process thought for each artwork featured in the calendar. Here's a look at one of the interior spreads.
4) Each order will receive another bonus -- a promo card announcing Loteria, the next product release from Lone Boy, coming in 2013. Loteria is gonna be one of the biggest things I've done in my career thus far, and I can't wait for you to see what I have planned for this.
5) And the best news of all? The reason you haven't heard much from me in recent days was I was not only finishing production on the calendars and sketchbooks, but packing and shipping your goodies! About 160 packages went out on Saturday, and from what I'm seeing, many of you are already receiving your calendars and rewards. Please holler and lemme know what you think when yours arrives, OK? :)
6) I appreciate everyone's support very much, and one of the ways I wanted to thank you was to be speedy on delivery of your calendars and rewards. While I never promised to have calendars in people's hands by December 25th, Team Lone Boy is working hard to achieve this, at least for US-based backers. And if we work fast enough, we're hoping to fulfill some international orders in short order too. The next batch of shipments will go out later this week. So if you haven't received your package -- don't fret. We're hard at work on getting your stuff to you pronto, and that's why you haven't heard much chatter from me in recent days.
Back to work here. Thanks, folks!!