Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator on August 6, 2014.
About this project
Main concept of the game:
- This is puzzle-platformer game, you should solve logical puzzles based on real physics
- The game is inspired by Incredible Machine, but the game-play will be different: this is story based game, mixing the puzzle elements with some agility based sections
- This game is NOT a jump-and-run platform game!
- We will release an in-game level editor, so the players can create their own scenes, and these can be shared with other players
- Boy on a mission at Cliqist: http://bit.ly/Cliqist
- Enchanted Kingdome is a game you must check out at Chestegamers: http://bit.ly/chasteGamers
- When Incredible Machine meets Super Mario at GameLoo: http://bit.ly/gamelooKS
- OUYA platform will have one month exclusivity
- WiiU platform will have some exclusive content (more information at the bottom of this page)
The story is about two children, who find themselves in an unexpected mysterious adventure. The person behind all these complications is the Evil Wizard, who cursed the whole Kingdom and all the citizens fell asleep forever. However the curse did not effect the little princess and her best friend. The Evil Wizard went crazy and tried to kidnap the children. Fortunately the boy managed to escape. He decided to search for the princess. His hope is to rescue his friend and to break the curse together. He is only a little boy, he’s not a hero or a warrior. He doesn't have any superpowers or weapons so he is supposed to use his brain instead of fighting. But this won’t be an easy trip, because the Enchanted Forest is full with dangerous creatures, who serve the Evil Wizard. The exact conditions - for example why the Wizard has cursed the Kingdom, and why the children were not effected by the curse - will be revealed later in the story by completing the levels.
We are creating various scenes. The adventure starts at the border of the Kingdom, continues at the Enchanted Forest, goes through caves and mines until the children find the Evil Wizard`s castle.
The player can only control the boy first, but later he will also be able to manage the princess.
The game is a 2D platform game. The player should resolve logical puzzles based on real physics. The player can build machines (for example: crossbow, slingshot and so on). The player can use the items found in each level to distract or trap the enemies. Secret doors, traps, treasures and a lot of other things are waiting to be discovered. Sometimes the player should build the road for the boy: making bridges, slopes, etc.
In-game level editor
We will release a level editor that can be used inside the game, so the users can easily create own scenes and levels. You can share these new scenes and levels with you friends. The best user edited levels will be used in the game.
- Backers, who pledge at least 2 GBP, will get an early beta version, with the level editor. Their own level can appear in the final version of the game in the main story. We have to review it fist
- Backers, who pledge at least 100 GBP can work with us on one scene that will be definitely in the game
- Other user edited levels will appear in the second mission of the game
If we reach our stretch goal we will develop a cooperative multi-player game mode where one of the players will control the boy and the other one will control the princess.
Our game will run on multiple platforms, first on Android smartphones, on iPhone and on Ouya console. Desktop version will also be available: first the Windows version, more platforms come a little bit later.
We are a small team with limited budget. We need your help to achieve Our dream and make this game as great as possible. We are looking forward for your generous support, and thanks for backing Our project!
We realized this game is absolutely suits the WiiU. We think the best experience int this game will be with WiiU. Why?
- This game has two game-camera: one is closeup and one is wide-angle. On other platform the game will choose automatically between these two according to the situation. But with WiiU, player can see both at same time!
- The in-game editor can be used with the GamePad`s touchscreen, but player will control the boy with ControlPad
- We are creating maps that will be only in the WiiU version
We are developing this game in Unity so porting to all Unity supported platform will be easy. However we have a release plan. If we reach our goal:
- 12/2014: estimated beta version for Ouya and Windows
- 03/2015: estimated release for Ouya and Windows
- 04/2015: estimated release for WiiU, Android and IOS
- 05/2015: estimated release for Xbox-one, PS4
- Later: all other platforms
- Gabor Jakab
- Tamas Nadrai
- Stanislav Botev
- Tamas Nadrai
Double Our Fun(ds)! We're participating in OUYA's #FreeTheGames Fund, created by OUYA to support developers making new and creative console games. OUYA will match your pledge dollar-for-dollar up to your goal amount (and a max of $250,000), so help us get there and make a great game for everyone! To be eligible for this match, we commit that this game will be an OUYA exclusive for a period of time. To learn more about OUYA, go to www.OUYA.tv.
Risks and challenges
The main challenge is the time. We would like to finish the game in 6 month after a successful funding, but we also want to create rich content and environment. The main part of the software is almost finished, but a lot of new assets (graphics, sound, music) should be created. This is logical puzzle game so the map design is very important. It should be hard enough to give players the experience of discovery, but it should not be as hard that the players feel frustrated about the levels. So the right difficulty balance is the main topic for level design. We hope the bakers will share our great ideas with us to make this game even better.
If we reach our first stretch goal an in-game level edit will be released and we hope we will see lots of user created great levels, this will guarantee the long life of this game.
Well this will not be a casual game, but we think it will be challenging. We will release an update explaining the game-play, but in a nutshell: you will control the boy who should use his brain to complete the missions (instead of fighting the enemies). The player should build machines from the artifacts found in the scene, and use the existing one to trap or distract enemies. You can easily create chain-reactions like in the old-school Incredible Machine game, but this game will have a niggling story...
Ouya and Windows versions are planned to release in Q1 2015. The WiiU, Android, iOS, version probably one month later. We planned to release OS X, Linux, Windows Phone versions also, after a few month testing period. Console version(Xbox-one, PS4) will be available from Q2 2015.
For more information please check the main Kickstarter page at Releases.
- (25 days)