Vacuum forming setup completed
We have completed our vacuum forming setup and we are now able to form our own door panels. Since the last update we made up a heater for pre-heating the pattern, which prevents the panels from cooling down too fast.
Again we have been experiencing issues with the rod ends. The latest batch seemed better, but was still giving too many problems. We handpicked the best bearings for the Northern Ireland machine, but even so they proved not to be good enough. This is very frustrating to say the least.
We now have sourced new bearings, from a non-Chinese source. They are different in construction from previous bearings, a little bit larger in size (requiring a small modification to the end effector), and made to the high standards we require. The price for the new bearings was higher than all previous batches put together and this really messed up our budget, but we just could not go around it. We are looking at receiving the new rod ends by week 8, after which the shipments of kits will finally start.