I've been extremely busy this past month and I thought it was time for an update.
First the majority of the woodenware has been built. We only need to complete a few more deeps. The bottoms, deeps, inners and tops are looking pretty good.
On April 5th most of the bees came in. I picked up and transported 30 packages of honey bees. The next two days were spent installing them into their fancy new homes. I set up 3 apiaries; Beaumont, Mt. Tabor and Applebright. Beaumont and Applebright will serve as staging grounds before I move them to their final homes.
Most of the colonies are doing well. There are couple weak ones that I will combine with some strong nucs I was able to purchase. I'll be working on this today and a split (creating two hives from one).
In May I will be transporting most of the hives to their new homes in Eugene, Portland, Olympia, Seattle and San Francisco.
More updates to follow, in the meantime here is a photo of one of the ladies at the Applebright Farm.