5/15/13 UPDATE #2: added AWESOME WATERCOLORED DRAWING SPECIFICALLY FOR YOU!!! reward tier. please consult bottom of the page for details.
5/22/13 UPDATE: Stickers are designed. scroll down to see em!
5/15/13 UPDATE: added EXCLUSIVE PRINT reward, EXCLUSIVE T-SHIRT reward and STRETCH GOALS to bottom of the page.
5/7/13 UPDATE: Not seeing the reward tier with everything you want? please a scroll down and take a look at the 5/7/13 update down at the bottom of the page.
SO, WHAT'S THE DEAL?
Andy Ristaino here. I've been working on a bunch of short form funny books in my spare time over the past 8 years and now I want to collect them into one book, entitled NIGHT OF THE LIVING VIDIOTS.
ABOUT THE BOOK
Sci-fi, horror, and comedy melted together and topped with a Twilight Zone twist. Darkly funny tales featuring mad science, gothic anime, TV zombies, kaiju, giant robots, monsters from the deep, and even a haunted sweatshirt.
If you’re familiar with my work you might have seen my comics appear in anthologies like Popgun from Image comics or Tales of Hot Rod Horror from Cackling Imp Press. Now those stories have been expanded, reformatted, and collected with lots of spooky/funny never-before-published stories in a full color anthology:
- All the stories will now appear in EYE-BLEEDING COLOR!
- Most of the stories have been EXPANDED, some by a page or two, some by over 20 pages!
- Some of the stories have been COMPLETELY REDRAWN!
- Some are stories that have NEVER BEEN PUBLISHED!
- 128 pages
- 8.5" x 5.4"
- full color book
- nice solid gatefold softcover.
I think it’s gonna look totally sweeeet. It'll be worth it.
YOU CAN HELP!
This is where you come in. I need your help to raise money for all the costs involved in publishing this giant collection of original comics. I get to self publish my work, and you get a collection of quality eye candy.
The NIGHT OF THE LIVING VIDIOTS anthology includes the following stories:
- Night of the Living Vidiots (expanded 2 new pages!)
- Life’s a Drag (now in full color! expanded from a twelve page comic to a 35 page comic!)
- Frothy Beveraged Man (first time published!)
- Corporation Earth Needs Your Help! (first time published!)
- Mangfish (first time published!)
- The Secret Origin of Dr. Mario Bandini (completely redrawn, expanded, and now in full color!)
- Mang I Have This Dance (first time published!)
- Life’s a Gas (now in color!)
- The All-New Adventures of Death Shirt (first time published!)
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!
Check out the other cool things you can get along with your copy of Night of the Living Vidiots.
There are many premium rewards available depending on how much you donate:
- Get some VIDIOT STICKERS, when you pledge to the STICKERS! reward level.
- Get your hands on a copy of my FUTURE PEEPS zine or 123 CREATURES zine with a pledge to any of the ZINESTER reward levels.
- Get a copy of my trade paper back ESCAPE FROM DULLSVILLE with a pledge to the ESCAPIST reward level.
- Get a copy of the over-sized THE BABYSITTER graphic novel with a pledge to the BOOKSITTER reward level.
- Hang the NIGHT OF THE LIVING VIDIOTS print in your home with a pledge to the RISE OF THE VIDIOT reward level.
- Or choose one of these 13" x 19" over-sized high quality prints for the ART COLLECTOR and ARTFICIONADO reward levels.
- Get your hands on the ALIENS PLAYING POKER t-shirt by pledging to the GLOBAL STAKES reward level.
YOU CAN BUY SOME REAL ACTUAL ARTWORK!
(Important! Please read this section if you are considering buying some art.)
There are two ways you can get your hands on some original artwork and help this kickstarter get funded:
1. You can commission a small or large sketch of whatever you want. You will be asked what you want me to draw after the kickstarter is funded. (Please keep your requests simple and make sure that they are tasteful in nature; I reserve the right to reject a request if it’s not something i want to draw.)
2. I will be selling ALL of the artwork from the book! That's right, you can get your hand on some of the original art that appears in the pages of NOTLVs. They range from small drawings of individual panels to full, finished pages. Most pieces are available as penciled and inked pages, meaning you will receive TWO pieces of art for the price of one.
PRICING THE ARTWORK
I have arranged the original artwork on a scale of 1 to 4 depending on how much work went into the piece, and how much I personally like the drawing. 4 being the coolest artwork and therefore most expensive, 1 being simpler images. I've tried to put gems in every level so please make sure you take a look at what's available by clicking on the link below.
SHOW ME THE ARTWORK! (It might take a second to load.)
CHOOSING YOUR ORIGINAL ARTWORK
Once you pledge to an ARTWORK REWARD LEVEL you have the option of either letting me choose which page of artwork you will get from the reward level you pledged in using a random number generator, or YOU CAN CHOOSE FOR YOURSELF!
If you prefer to make your own choice, all you need to do is follow these simple steps:1. Look through the artwork at this link and pick out your top 5 choices of the of the pieces in the reward level you’ve chosen.
3. I will email you back confirming which piece of artwork you will be receiving.
I will assign the artwork FIRST COME FIRST SERVE to the people emailing in. You will receive the piece you most prefer that is still available at the time of your email. I will try my best to update the webpage as quickly as I can to reflect what art is still available. If you have any questions about this process please email me.
If this kickstarter is successful, I don't think there is going to be enough room in the book to put acknowledgements for everyone supporting this project. I plan on making a permanent page on my website which will list everyone who has donated to this kickstarter at the $25 level or more.
Don't see the reward configuration you like? Pick the one closest to what you want and then add on things Using the handy list below to figure out the additional price.
- add a Zine: $5 extra dollars.
- add a Small Print: $20 extra dollars.
- add Escape from Dullsville: $25 extra dollars
- add a Small Sketch: $25 extra dollars
- add the Babysitter: $25 extra dollars
- add a Large Print: $35 extra dollars
- add a Tshirt: $35 extra dollars.
- add a LEVEL 1 artwork: $50 extra dollars
- add a Big Sketch: $75 extra dollars.
- add a LEVEL 2 artwork: $125 extra dollars.
- add a LEVEL 3 artwork: $275 extra dollars.
- add a LEVEL 4 artwork: $470 extra dollars.
For international orders: if you would like to add rewards to your order please contact me through the Kickstarter and we can figure out shipping specifically for your order.
UPDATE 5/15/2013: AWESOME WATERCOLORED DRAWING SPECIFICALLY FOR YOU!!! reward tier added.
That's right you and I will work on figuring out something cool enough to make an ORIGINAL ACTUALLY WATERCOLORED TOTALLY AWESOME DRAWING of. I plan on really spending some time on these suckers and there's only 20 slots so first come first serve.
UPDATE 5/15/2013: EXCLUSIVE PRINT & TSHIRT
The KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE PRINT & TSHIRT are now available to anyone who wants them! I Just added two new rewards! If you wish to add the print or t-shirt to an existing order please consult the list above (treat the print as a large print).
The final version will be in FULL-COLOR! I'm still working on it so I apologize for not having the final here for you to look at. It will only be availible through the kickstarter and I will only print up as many as I get orders for and number them accordingly. click here to see a larger version of the inks.
UPDATE 5/15/2013: STRETCH GOALS!
I thought a lot about what to do for stretch goals and whether or not to even have any, but I think I came up with a few ideas that are pretty cool. Take a look:
- $25,000 NEW ROBOT CHARACTER DESIGN ZINE! If we can reach this stretch goal I will create from scratch a BRAND NEW character design book in the same format as my 123 Creatures and Future Peeps zines and fill it with over 100 brand new robot designs! EVERYONE who has contributed $10 and over will get digital copies of all 3 character design books. Peeps who have contribute $35 dollars and more will get a FREE physical copy of the zine added to their order!!!
- $30,000 EMBARRASING COMICS COLLECTION! If we can reach this goal EVERYONE who contributes $10 or more will get an extra pdf of comics consisting of over a 100 pages drawn by me that I don't EVER plan on physically printing. These comics either don't really fit anywhere, is older work, or is something I find embarrassing. That's over 100 pages of comics i've created since i've been in college that i don't necessarily want you to see!
- $40,000 NEW SKETCHBOOK PDF! Everyone who contributes $10 or more will get an extra extra pdf of artwork directly from my sketchbooks. This will be a collection top notch hand picked sketchbook drawings and doodles of some of my best work that no one gets to see because it's in my sketchbooks. I'm gonna jam this mofo with some sweet sweet stuff, should be cool!
- $50,000 I WILL PRINT UP THE SKETCHBOOKS! If we can get to this level everyone who bought a physical copy of the Night of the Living Vidiots book (that's the $25 level or higher) will get a copy mailed to them as well. (please note: if we can get to this level this will probably delay shipment of all books just so i can mail things out together.)
The money will go directly towards the creation, production, printing, and shipping of the books, T shirts, stickers, and zines, plus Kickstarter and Amazon processing fees.
Costs of each individual item includes the shipping costs.
Risks and challenges
I didn't want this Kickstarter to be for a project that didn't yet exist.
As of the launch of this Kickstarter, the book is nearly completed. I expect that by the end of the Kickstarter, the entire graphic novel will be drawn, inked, colored, edited and ready to be immediately shipped off to the printer. It is my hope to have copies available on my small press table at the San Diego Comiccon 2013. The printed book should be ready to ship out to you (the supporters of this Kickstarter) by end of July.
The only reward tiers that I expect to take extra time to fulfill will be the sketch request tiers. I will still be working a full time job over at Cartoon Network so depending on how many sketch requests I get it could take up to a few months for me to draw them all. Please be patient if you requested this tier.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)