About this project
The Non-Adventures of Wonderella: A Hero For All Seasons
I'm looking to create a third book, The Non-Adventures of Wonderella: A Hero For All Seasons, and I need your help!
A Hero For All Seasons will contain:
- FOUR YEARS of comics. Everything not covered in the prior two books collections will be included here.
- An original 16-20 page story telling Wonderella's origin! Find out how the torch was truly passed from Titania Price, the original Golden Age Wonderella, to the modern version we all know and love.
- Extra bonus content! Approximately 250 pages total - bigger than both of my prior books put together!
Who is Wonderella?
Wonderella is a second-generation superhero, entrusted with protecting the Earth from evil. But like a lot of people who inherit the family business, her heart's really not into it -- though she is into the brand licensing fees. Together with he plucky sidekick Wonderita, Wonderella does the bare minimum to thwart supervillains and get back to Burracho Bob's 2-for-1 margarita specials.
Wait, this is online?
Yeah, it's at nonadventures.com and has been since 2006 - check it out if you haven't! Keep in mind this book will have stuff the site won't, so even if you go through all the archives, there's more to come from this book.
What can I get?
Well, aside from the book, Kickstarter backers are eligible for a number of rewards like:
- Fun sticker sheets!
- Mod-art style Wonderella prints!
- Custom Artwork, including YOU as a Mermaid or Centaur
- You could even get appearances in the comic!
What are the other two books you're talking about?
A Hero For All Seasons would actually be the third collection of Wonderella comics, and the biggest by far. The prior two smaller collections - Everyone Ever Forever and She Came From Outer Space - are available! UPDATE THO: Since we've passed 27K stretch goal, I'll be combining these two books into one offset-printed tome with better colors and paper stock! Everyone in the "Lets's Get PHYSICAL tier will get it! I'm not sure what I'll call it yet, though... Everyone Ever From Outer Space? She Came Forever?
- UNLOCKED: Page 1-3 from the origin story now showing on Nonadventures.com!
- UNLOCKED: Sticker fun paks expanded, and now included in "Let's Get PHYSICAL" Tier!
- UNLOCKED: This is a biggie! I'll do an offset-printed book run compiling Wonderella's first two books - Everybody Ever Forever and She Came From Outer Space - into one book! Book will be included in "Let's Get PHYSICAL" tier to replace the print-on-demand versions!
- UNLOCKED: Wonderita and Hitlerella added to the PDF papercraft dolls!
- 30K: Page 4 from the origin story shown on Nonadventures.com!
- That $1,000,000 Dumb Thing Tier Required in all Kickstarters: I will make Brian Williams the offer of $1,000 to the charity of his choice if he reads "Sometimes half-ass is exactly the right amount of ass!" in a recorded manner that can be made into a ringtone, going to all who pledged. If he refuses, I will go down the list of celebrities until Kathy Griffin or whoever accepts the offer. But come on - it's a cool $1,000 for polar bears or something!
Exxtra bonus coloring book thing
Let's Get PHYSICAL, GobbledyBOOK, Origin GLORY, Expiration DATE, Planet of the CAPES and TIERS For Fears will receive this coloring book!
- I'll release this coloring book for general purchase in the coming months, but these backers will get it first.
Risks and challenges
Timeframes: Since I'm creating new content for this and modifying many of the the existing comics for print, there's a risk I'll go past the anticipated delivery times. I have a full time job aside from Wonderella, and I'd rather have a quality product to give you than one two weeks sooner. But I'm trying to allow myself a decent timeframe to get things squared.
Budget: I've gotten vendor quotes, but those are subject to change between now and the print timeframe, If there's some ridiculous skyrocketing in price, I still have the option of a) looking to a more competitive vendor and b) doing it in print on demand -- which I'd like to avoid (it's usually LESS budget-friendly than offset), but it's an option nonetheless.
Whatever happens, I'll be sure to keep people updated. I've been making comics continuously in some form for about 12 years, I'm not looking to flake here.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (33 days)