Give me the Good News first
Happy Feast of St. Nicholas, everyone!
We’ve been head-down working on this book and wanted to update you.
The Great News:
This book is one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever gotten to help make, and has far exceeded my hopes. I’m incredibly proud of this book, and every person who’s seen it has shared incredible awe of its simple beauty and depth.
In the last few months, we’ve been working with freelancers, friends, and, of course, the Likable Art team to artfully pull this book together. It has been a blessing, a challenge, and a tremendous learning experience.
The Not So Great News:
That being said, with all learning experiences, there is a learning curve. There were elements of Created that took us by surprise and then took longer than we’d originally planned for.
As of this moment, Dec. 6, we are not sure we are going to make our Christmas delivery date.
We value transparency at Likable Art, so here is the full update:
- We have 62 contributors (and original pieces of art) which is 12 more than the 50 originally promised.
- Created is currently at the printers- it has been for some time. We have run into a couple technical issues some out of our hands and some in our hands. Today we picked up the proof copy, and approved it. It’s excellent.
For our higher pledge tiers:
- The notebooks have been hand-stamped and bundled. They are ready to go.
- We have ordered the art prints. They should be in sometime tomorrow or the day after.
- Fawnly online store codes are being sent out as survey responses come in.
We are trying our hardest to get this to you by Christmas. We are doing everything we can to get this to you as soon as possible. We will let you know as soon as we know when it will arrive. But to be totally honest, I’m not confident it will come by Christmas.
If we are unable to get it to you by Christmas, we will be sure to send you the ebook PDF, a printable certificate with “Awesome Book Soon to Come” if you plan on giving the book as a gift, and some extra digital goodies.
This book exists because of you and we are eternally grateful.
NOTE: We are still missing almost 100 survey responses from our backers. (If you have already completed yours-- THANK YOU!)