WHAT IS KONG PONG?
The Evolution of beer pong is here & its name is KONG PONG! Kong Pong is my very own invention: a patented, awe-inspiring party cup pong tower, that makes other traditional games like beer pong and cornhole quiver in comparison. There’s no denying Kong Pong’s impressive look, but what really sets it apart from its competition is the Social Interaction it creates. Kong Pong plays up to 4 teams and 8 players and is an awesome spectator sport. The more people you get involved- the more fun! With Kong Pong, you’re bouncing ping pong balls off a table into cups, so you can play with a lot of people in a relatively small space. You can also use different colored party cups for each team, which allows you to create and play all kinds of different games (your imagination is the limit). We also have a clear version of the Kong Pong tower that you can light up with LED’s, it's a great way to create a lot of buzz at a party. With its towering design and black and clear color options- Kong Pong is Big, Bad & Lit. If you’re looking for a “Wow” factor at your party or event- this game has it.
We’re also releasing a mini version of Kong Pong that we call “LiL Kong.” Lil Kong plays like Kong Pong, except you're bouncing the pong balls into mini reusable plastic cups. This little guy plays on nearly any size table and is easy to throw in a car & take to a friend's house. It’s a little like playing quarters, just way more fun.
Another additional game that we hope to release soon is an accessory game called “Flip Kong.” By adding the Flip Kong tiers to the Kong Pong tower, you'll be able to play a more enhanced & intense version of the flip cup game. Flip Kong is like Flip cup to the Next Level- Literally!
We’re asking for your support to bring these games to life. Be one of the first to own a Kong Pong!
INCLUDED WITH OUR GAMES
- The Kong Pong tower is made up of two dual level tiers. The upper two levels of the tower make up the top tier & the lower two levels make up the bottom tier. The top tier nests on top of the bottom tier while playing, and then stacks underneath the bottom tier when storing. Both pieces are made of durable hard plastic to withstand years of use.
- Each Kong Pong comes standard with forty 16oz party cups & ten 3-star custom orange Kong Pong logo pong balls.
- Mini Kong is a one piece tower which is also made of hard plastic.
- Each game comes with 37 mini party cups. The mini cups have the Kong Pong logo and are hard plastic and reusable. You will get nine orange, red, white, & blue cups and then one gold cup.
- Also includes five 3-star custom orange Kong Pong logo pong balls.
OBJECT OF THE BASE GAME:
The object of the base game of Kong Pong is to eliminate all nine cups on your side of the tower along with the top tier cup before the other teams. To eliminate cups, you must bounce the ball off the table/surface that Kong Pong is sitting on and into a cup (In Kong Pong, the ping pong balls cannot be thrown directly into a cup, they must be bounced into cups). When a ping pong ball is made into a cup- that cup is removed from the tower.
- Kong Pong needs to be played on a table that is either a minimum of 42” square or 48” round diameter. Ideal table is a 60” round table (5' Round wood tables or Lifetime #25402 table works great).
- Place nine cups on each side of the tower and one cup on the top level of the tower. There should be 4 cups on Level one, 3 cups on level two, 2 cups on level three & 1 cup on top tier.
- Pour a beverage into each cup filling approximately 1/8 of the cup (1/4 for teams). For less mess, you can put an object into cups to weight them down instead of beverage, i.e. Ketchup packs work well.
- Game can be played with one player on each side of the tower, or if playing teams, two players on each side of the tower.
How to Play:
- To start the game and to see who goes first, one player from each team shoots a ping pong ball simultaneously- to the chant: “One, two, three- Kong Pong.” The player who makes a ball in the highest tier cup on their own side of the tower goes first. If multiple players make the ping pong ball into the same tier, then those players continue the same process until one of them wins by making a ping pong ball into a higher tier than the other players. Cups are removed on shots that are made per the “Rules On Passing & Eliminating of Cups” listed below.
- Once it’s determined who goes first, the first player has one shot to bounce the ping pong ball off the table into one of the remaining cups on their side of the tower.
- If top cup is made on opening shot to see who goes first- that person wins game and is allowed to pass cup to team of his choosing.
Rules Regarding Passing & Elimination of Cups:
- If a ball is made into one of the cups on the shooters side of the tower, that cup is passed to the corresponding team (See diagram below). The cup is removed off the tower after it’s passed. If the ball is made into a cup on one of the other player’s sides of the tower, the player who shot the ball takes that cup and the cup is then removed. If the very top tier cup is made before the rest of the cups on the shooters side of the tower, then the shooter who made the shot has to take that cup, and then the cup is placed back to the top of the tower. The top tier cup does not get removed from the tower until the game is won .
- After a player shoots, play continues to the next person or teammate in a clockwise manner regardless if shot was made or missed.
How to win:
- The game is won when a player/team eliminates all the cups on their side of the tower and then makes the top tier cup.
OTHER GAME VARIATIONS:
- You can make up other games on the Kong Pong tower by using different colored party cups for each team. Using different colored cups allows you to place cups that belong to each team in different cup holders around the tower. This versatility allows players to create other variations of the game and unique styles of play. I encourage the gaming community to be creative and come up with different ideas and games and to share them with other enthusiasts. An example of a different variation of a game I created is playing a game I call “Last One Standing”. In this game the object would be to eliminate every other team's colored cups on the tower and be the last team with your colored cups remaining. You can move the colored cups to any desired location for this game and also rotate your shooting position so that you shoot from different areas around the table.
MOST IMPORTANTLY- HAVE FUN!!!
WHAT YOU GET IN OUR PACKAGES:
LIKE, SHARE AND FOLLOW US HERE:
- TODAY: You pre-order Kong Pong/back us through Kickstarter.
- MIDDLE OF MARCH 2017: Kickstarter campaign completed. Copper Kong places order with manufacturer.
- MARCH 2017: Your Kong Pong swag (sunglasses, Mini-cups and T-shirts) is shipped.
- APRIL/MAY 2017: Copper Kong receives first shipment from manufacturer and processes Kickstarter pre-orders.
- APRIL/MAY 2017: The moment of truth. Love at first sight ♥. You receive your KONG PONG or LiL KONG and instantly become more awesome.
- MAY 2017 AND BEYOND: News of KONG PONG spreads like wildfire, and together, we make parties fun again!
Risks and challenges
I have a lot of experience in business and sales, but launching any new business has its challenges. Getting to the finalized design of the games took a fair share of trial and error. Also, searching for the right manufacturing solutions and partners took a lot of time and energy. Fortunately, the design process is primarily over, and I have put together an advisory team to help take this business to the next level. With their support we have put together a solid business plan and have secured most the molds and manufacturer partnerships we need to be ready to start production. With all that said, there is one challenge/risk that I wanted to address- shipping. Maybe this isn't by definition a risk, but it's not ideal. Kong Pong is large and so we have to charge you a little bit for shipping. We don't love paying for shipping and so we really don't love charging you for shipping, but in order to make this initial project successful, we need to do it. We hope the endless hours of enjoyment you get out of your Kong Pong will make up for it. I know there will be other challenges to come, but with the help of our supporters like you and the strong team around me, I am confident we'll be able to tackle any challenges that come our way. What’s most important to us is our customers happiness, and getting our games into your hands to enjoy is our top priority.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)