Get an insight into the crazy world of progamming while you're helping a debug function deleting all bugs in the game of its developer!
Please support the Debugger also on Steam Greenlight!
H-E-L-L-O. Can anyone read this?
I’ve hacked myself into the servers of Kickstarter to send you this message - please read it !!!
My name is Debugger 3.16, I'm a debug function with artificial intelligence and I need your help to find and delete all the bugs in the new game from my developer, Michael Schaefer.
I NEED YOUR HELP!
I’m working hard to create a tool which gives you an insight into my world and enables you to communicate directly with me. This will also allow you to create small scripts to manipulate objects to find and destroy every single bug. Don’t worry, you don’t need any programming skills, I will teach you everything you need to know. My developer isn't the best programmer in the world so there are tons of bugs for us to deal with.
I’m the 316th version of debug functions created by my developer. But he wasn’t satisfied with my predecessors. They didn’t found all the bugs and so Mr. Schaefer he… he... deleted……………. ALL OF THEM !!!
Let's not let that happen to me....Please!
I don’t want to be erased so I’m searching for people who will help me. The tool I mentioned above is still under construction but it would be great if you support me here on Kickstarter. For every pledge I’ll become stronger and faster!
I… WANT… TO… LIVE!
Twisted puzzle action
- Thousands of bugs to deal with! Find them all and take no prisoners! Fight against small bugs, big bugs, shooting bugs, intelligent bugs, not so intelligent bugs, spewing bugs, bugs with one eye, bugs with more then one eye, king bugs, queen bugs and even evil boss bugs like "HEARTBLEED"!
- Learn the basics of game programming (you don't need any prgramming skills to play this game, you will learn everything you need to know while playing it!)
- Write small scripts to manipulate the environment
- Manipulate the source code of objects, bugs and even of the Debugger itself
- 100 "scripts" to debug
- Your keyboard will become your strongest weapon!
- After finishing the main game, you'll get access to a special step-by-step tutorial where the Debugger teaches you how to create a small game right from the start! Most functions which're used in that tutorial are the same as in the main game so it's much easier for you to master them
- At the moment the game is only in development for Windows
Michael is an indie game designer from Germany. He has been grown up with an "SNES" and "MEGA DRIVE" as older brothers and he wanted to create his own games from a young age. In the year 2000 he began learning programming and designing games. You can find one of his projects here: www.starlaxis.de
Michael is responsible for the idea, the programming (at the moment the code has a length of about 12.000 lines), the special effects, the menu design and sounds & music in the game. He works with several freelancers who're creating the graphics and arts for the game.
Stephen (marked as author of this campaign) is a friend and partner living in the UK who helps with translating issues. He is also managing the campaign here on Kickstarter.
Risks and challenges
At the moment the biggest problem is that we need money to pay some freelancers who're creating the graphics for the game (bugs, backgrounds, etc.). But if we hit the goal this would be no problem.
After reaching the goal we don't see great risks for finishing the project.
The basic game mechanics are already working we just need more bugs, levels and time to finish the rest.
- (40 days)