A place where all a TV lover could wish for - exists. Find your showmates!
A place where all a TV lover could wish for - exists. Find your showmates!
AirTVision is a mobile app that will make possible for all the people who watch the same TV shows around the world to get in touch with one another. Interact with others who love the TV shows that inspire YOU.
Comment and discuss the plots of the TV series in real time during the episodes screening: discuss all the possible twists, predict future plots or simply share a photo of freshly baked popcorn or a newly invented meme.
A chat for a TV show episode appears two hours before the show is due to air on television.
TV shows nowadays are a part of modern culture. They inspire, teach life lessons, help you understand different people and ideas and have the power to turn your real life for the better. You may choose to do more- to be fearless like the character. To show compassion, to realize the importance of family or simply to dream bigger.
Even the antagonists show the importance of accepting their true self, grabbing the opportunity and being a survivor.
With the help of heroes we realize that even if we're facing the hardest of choices, it is possible to figure out a positive outcome for all who were involved.
The point is that no matter the shows’ theme or idea, people can draw and absorb the best of it.
The app will consist of the following features: 'We Watch It', 'Buddies', 'TV Shows', 'Twists' and 'ME'. On the 'TV Shows' trait a list of shows that the user watches will be displayed according to the information collected during the Sign up. Also, the users will be able to label their favorite ones.
Endings of seasons will be displayed in blue color, beginnings in green color, and episodes that are due to air today will be accentuated. Once the user clicks on a certain show there will be an option to set a reminder before the selected show airs on TV. Furthermore, there will also be an option to set a reminder for all the TV series that the user watches in the 'ME' feature.
The 'We Watch It' feature will show a list of TV shows that the user watches, starting with their favorites. Chats will open two hours before the current episode airs, and will stay open for a week. Through search button all open chats for any TV series can be found.
By clicking on 'All Open Chats', all the chats for TV shows that are currently broadcasting will be displayed. When a user clicks on a show that he wants to discuss about, a live chat will open and the users will be able to connect with others who share the same interests and thoughts about the ongoing plots and twists. When one of the user's favorite shows is currently on air, the 'We Watch It' button changes its color.
When users spot other users while chatting about an episode and find them interesting, they can click on their profile from where they can request the user's contact like Facebook or Instagram which is provided optionally by the user.
The 'Buddies' feature shows all the users who have shared their contact and 'Invite to join Chat' button allows a user to invite others to join chats that they think would interest them.
The 'Twists' feature is similar to a forum, where users can post questions about the TV series that are not yet answered. Users can submit answers and if someone rates them as a 'Jewel', meaning funny and awesome or as a 'Correct' answer, their rating rises. The rating also rises when users participate in chats.
The 'ME' feature is the user profile along with the settings option. Here, the user nickname, score and notifications are displayed. In settings it will be possible to change the basic information and add or remove TV shows from the user's list.
Also, here they can enable or disable the 'Ask for contact' option and add their contact if they want to.
The funds raised via Kickstarter will be used for making the app itself, buying photos of the TV shows and their cast so we can use them in the app, and for advertising and promotion of the app.
- 5$- One big Modern Family - Thank you for helping AirTVision to come to life! We promise we’ll do our best to launch the app as soon as possible and make it the best it can be!
- 15$- You are a Legend of Tomorrow - Thank you! Choose your favorite AirTVision promo T-shirt
- 30$- How to Get Away With a hoodie - Get a hold of our promo hoodie
- 50$- Be one of The Originals - Once the app is running, you will be marked as a special member, with special privileges, such as the possibility to change background photos while chatting, change the color of your username and your rating will go up double the speed. Also, a t-shirt will be sent your way.
- 80$- Find our Blindspot - Be our beta tester, and be one of the first who will see the AirTVision app! Once the Beta version of AirTVision app is complete, you will be among the first ones to make your profile, choose the nickname and much more. Also, a hoodie of your choice is going to be delivered to you.
- 100$- Breaking Brand - Other than the special privileges and a T-shirt, you will get 3 weeks of free advertisement in our app. You can advertise your business, your project, or anything you are passionate about. The content will be of your choosing, but it must not be of any illegal activity and the business or a company has to be legitimate.
- 200$-The Big Brand Theory - Other than the special privileges and a T-shirt, you will get 2 months of free advertisement in our app. You can advertise your business, your project, or something you are passionate about. The content will be of your choosing, but it must not be of any illegal activity and the business or a company has to be legitimate.
- 500$- Game of Codes - Learn how to program with a member of our team. Choose between Java and C# and get 20 hours of programming tutorials in English. The tutorials will be online, and they would teach the basics of Java or C# programming depending on your choice.
- 999$-Masters Of Coding - Get 20 hours of one-on-one programming tutorials online. Furthermore, become a gold AirTVision member and be mentioned as one of the founders of the app! The tutorials will teach you the basics of Java or C# programming depending on your choice.
- 1,500$- Share it with F.R.I.E.N.D.S. - Choose 5 of the previously mentioned rewards – t-shirt, leggings, hoodie, special privileges, beta tester, 3 weeks of advertisement, 2 months of advertisement, learn how to program with our tutorials, learn how to program individually online.
AirTVision in the Future
The making and promoting the app is only the beginning. A lot of other possibilities have come to us while we were expanding the idea. One of them is incorporating the growing comic book screen adaptations as a separate feature, which would also be covering Comic-con and similar events.
Also, we wouldn’t like to leave out countries which have their own popular TV series range such as India, South America, Japan... And it is our hope for the future to make sort of a spin-off of the app that would be adapted to feature the TV shows from those places.
Furthermore, a possibility for our users to predict which actors would play which roles for the upcoming TV shows. Also, a feature where users could propose and talk about the book or movies that they would like to be adapted to TV shows.
As for our social media, the most rated and interesting predictions and theories would be published on our Instagram and Facebook pages. By gaining more users, our idea is that we would be able to visit the sets of different TV series and show our users more about the behind the scenes of their favorite shows.
Overall, making AirTVision a place where all a TV lover could wish for - exists.
Hi, my name is Mirna. I am at my senior year, studying to be a Computer Engineer. As a TV shows fan myself I have often searched for reviews online, anticipated new episodes and predicted future events with my friends.
Sven is also a senior, studying to be a Multimedia Computer Engineer. He works as a freelancer while studying and loves doing the 3D models and present creative solutions. He has been helping with the app’s design and making of our promo video.
Finally, we wanted to thank all the people who have or will help make this project become reality. With advice, open-mindedness, endless optimism and your overall support.
Special thanks to:
Disclaimer: All the photos of TV shows featured in the video and the prototype photos of the app belong to their rightful owners, and are only used for the purposes of previewing the apps design.
Follow our progress on social media:
Facebook: Air TVision Series
YouTube: AirTVision Chronicles
Development info and deadlines
The app's release date is estimated for February 2018. The app's target audience is young people, as well as everyone who enjoys watching and discussing their favorite TV show(s).
AirTVision app will be available for iPhone and Android platforms at the beginning. Minor design changes may also be possible, since we will attempt to make the design even more intuitive and easy to use.
Risks and challenges
While life is highly unpredictable we like to think that we have planned everything to the last detail. Nevertheless, we have ensured that we would have enough time to handle any of the possible, unexpected obstacles. Also, we have included the time for testing and market research, as well as the implementation itself. We are lucky enough to be able to ask our more experienced college professors everything that might come up that we haven’t had the opportunity to work with yet. We cannot wait for the app to appear in the App Store and Google Play and to start expanding our community.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)