Get an ORIGINAL 8"x 8" ink drawing of any character of your choosing from the Entrippy painting series, for a $20.00 pledge!
I'm Drew Morrison, an artist and illustrator based in the greater NYC region.
My new painting series, ENTRIPPY, is an epic project that allows the collector to be directly involved in the creative process. I wanted to craft a series of images that engage the viewer beyond simply viewing, inviting them to take one step further into my world...
The ENTRIPPY series explores the idea that tangible matter can take on many forms as it disperses and restructures itself over time.
The organized parade can be thought of as one way that a culture can celebrate itself and its traditions, by coalescing into a larger mass, and in turn taking on a greater meaning. What happens afterwards is a dispersion, not unlike nature's innate and unrelenting ability to reshape proteins and minerals from one form to another.
Similarly, mankind is obsessed with the idea of harvesting raw materials and restructuring them into functional, marketable items of interest. Each painting deals with an individual theme and is identified by a symbolic stamp.
By means of its design, ENTRIPPY explores recombinant matter on a comical level. The four panels that create each 88" x 36" painting can be rearranged, with all of the objects and figures connecting seamlessly across the images! By arranging the characters in each image so they have the ability to flux, genuinely strange elemental beings are generated and brought together in some of the most bizarre parades imaginable.
- See what the heck I'm talking about, as well as larger images, here: http://www.drewmorrison.com (CLICK ENTRIPPY LOGO)
- CREATE YOUR OWN PARADE! http://www.metroorangeart.com/prolific-art-projects.html
- If this Kickstarter project is successful, I will arrange to show all four original paintings, as well as a projected animation of the panels interacting.
- We will also have laptops set up where guests can use the Entrippy interface to create their own parade images.
- The initial goal is to have this take place in four U.S. cities, through out the year 2013. Should we surpass our original goal, more cities will be added to the roster!
Here's a video showing how I normally travel to other cities. Thanks to my lovely wife Jane for helping me...uh, pack up.
THE BACKER REWARDS
- Each print is produced using high quality archival paper and inks, hand signed, and marked with a custom rubber stamp to signify each parade. Larger print sizes are limited edition.
- I'm even offering the original paintings as the highest tier of reward, and the preliminary drawing studies, framed by yours truly. Have to think big!
Should you choose to back this project, or even take the time to investigate what I've been up to, many thanks!
BIG THANKS TO RENEGADE CRAFT FAIR FOR SUPPORTING MY WORK OVER THE YEARS!!
Risks and challenges
The paintings are finished, and a shipping crate has been built. I was able to show the paintings for the first time this November in San Francisco, and learned a lot about what it takes to travel with large paintings in tow.
If successfully funded, the main challenge will be finding galleries or venues that are interested in showing ENTRIPPY. We are already in touch with galleries and other venues in potential cities to show the project, and things look promising.
Four different cites, One month per city = Four month timeline for the roadshow (more destinations to be added if we surpass our initial goal!)
Depending on how far apart the destinations are may add time between openings, and we will appreciate your patience as we schedule things to unfold as tightly as possible.
If the process of collaborating with established groups ends up requiring too much time (pushing the tour further away from when we receive funding), we plan to scout out and rent our own spaces to show the project, or seek out more creative spaces such as libraries, school campuses, etc..
Our top priority is having the roadshow occur within the first 4-6 months of 2013!
If anyone backing the project would like to contribute information towards finding venues for the show, please feel free to contact me directly.
After all, a part of the goal will be to bring ENTRIPPY as close to it's fans as possible! We will keep everyone who supports the project closely informed as the tour locations and dates develop, starting in January 2013.
As far as our backer rewards go, I've been producing high quality, editioned prints of my work for years, and know you'll be satisfied with the rich, archival product we have to offer..
- (30 days)