Fields of Eleria
Fields of Eleria
A high-fantasy expandable card game, MOBAs meets TCGs, League of Legends meets Magic: the Gathering!
A high-fantasy expandable card game, MOBAs meets TCGs, League of Legends meets Magic: the Gathering! Read more
Fields of Eleria is a head-to-head high-fantasy card game that draws inspirations from Multiplayer Online Battle Arenas, or MOBAs, eSports, and traditional card games. Build your deck, fill it with whatever Heroes, Minions, Gear cards, anything you want to play with, and strategically push through 3 lanes of combat in order to destroy your opponent's Core. It's an equal playing field, no chasing rares, no losing because your opponent bought a ton more cards than you, all roads to victory are yours for the taking.
I've been working on this game for over 8 years now, off and on in between my regular work for clients (I'm an illustrator by trade) and have been working on refining this version of the game over the past 3 years. I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I've enjoyed making it!
Players construct decks of 50 cards composed of Heroes, Minions, Gear, Wards, Fortifications, Actions, and Abilities and select 3 Fields and a Core that will represent their bases. They use their Commands each turn to control their armies and cards in play, maneuvering them forward and back, trying to gain momentum to push forward to crush their foes. The goal of the game is to get your opponent's Core down to 0 health, often through damage although there are other, somewhat more nefarious means as well.
Resources are increasingly gained each turn, starting at just a single Shard and growing up to five a turn. The Shards are what you use to play the cards in your hand and the abilities of those on the battlefield, and they do not disappear at the end of each turn. This gives players the option to stock up on Shards to push for a bigger play a round or two later at the cost of letting their opponent have a stronger presence during those turns.
Fields of Eleria is a game of momentum, of cunning tactics and strategy. You can build your deck in any way you want since all cards use a unified resource to play them, so whichever road to victory you choose to take is yours, and yours alone.
• With a wide range of Heroes and Master Heroes to build around, Fields of Eleria gives you the options to create just about any archetype you'd like, whether it be a "good stuff"/silver bullets approach, or a Sachie solomid ADCarry, or maybe a Dursai / Delahn / Beleriss Dragoon-Master Hero build. Whatever you want, the components are there.
• There are 12 primary factions in the game, each with their own feel with their Heroes supporting their characteristics. You're free to mix factions of Heroes, just toss your favorites into your deck, but Heroes of likened factions put together will often complement one another.
• Mimicking the layout of classic MOBAs, there are 3 lanes which you have to defend, 3 routes that you can take to march towards your opponent's Core. You choose if you want to allocate deck space for your Arcane Towers or Shaleplate Bulwarks, or maybe you want to have your bases be more utilitarian and fortify them with Brillian Forges and Osimancer's Altars. You choose if you want to diversify your attack approach or go all in, solomid.
• Right out of the gates you have the whole game at your fingertips, 270 cards including 55 Heroes and Master Heroes, and 3 each of each card that you can put multiples of into a deck. No more cracking packs in the hopes to pull chase rares, all the game's options are there at your disposal. No more losing to your friend just because they bought a ton more cards than you did.
• When I set out to create Fields of Eleria, I wanted to bring in aspects of the MOBA genre but not 100% adhere to every aspect of it. If you want to forge that story of your lone wolf Hero using every trick in the book they can to tackle your opponent's team, go for it. If you want to throw 50 Heroes into a deck, while I don't advise it, you are free to do so. Fields of Eleria will give you near limitless combinations and paths to take, straight out of the box.
Fields of Eleria Core Set 1 is the start of a vast fantasy universe that will be built upon over the years. Originally I had planned to make this into a series of graphic novels long ago but really wanted to build it up as a game, too. There's mountains of back story and tales yet to unfold, and I hope to be have Fields of Eleria grow, not just as a game, but as a world unto itself.
A quick rundown of how the game plays out, including turn steps and phases.
• Players arrange their 3 fields in front of them with their Core in the back. To the right of the Core place your deck. The Staging Area, where fallen Heroes get placed, will be empty for now but to your Core's left.
• The steps for each turn is as follows: Ready Phase, Draw Phase, Resource Phase, Main Phase, Command Phase, End Phase.
To include any add-ons with your pledge simply choose the value of the pledge you'd like to commit to and add an additional amount equal to the add-on's value.
$30 - Playmat. A Kickstarter-exclusive playmat featuring the key art for Fields of Eleria. Keep your Heroes and Minions clean and safe. Additional shipping charges may apply.
Once the campaign has wrapped up I will be using BackerKit to smooth out figuring final pledge and shipping costs.
Once we hit funding I'll start rolling out some of our stretch goals that we have planned out. My main focus right now is to get Fields of Eleria funded but we do have some fun things in store for later.
Shipping to the US will be $10.
Shipping to the Canada, EU, and Australia will be approximately $20, although I'm waiting for a more definitive ballpark (is that a thing?) estimate on what actual shipping costs will be. Quartermaster Logistics is looking to be a fantastic distribution option, I'll know soon.
But yes, I'm looking to work with Quartermaster Logistics to make shipping Canada, EU, and Australia Friendly, so these values will possibly end up a bit less!
In closing I just wanted to say thank you for your consideration given to this project. It's not light fare, a pretty heavy game, but I know there's folks out there who enjoy things like this. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
Mahalo and thank you!
Risks and challenges
The game is completely done so the primary risks that could arise would be unforeseen problems with manufacturing and if there are any issues with shipping and distribution. Our target delivery date is pretty far out to accommodate any surprises, if everything goes well we'll hopefully ship even earlier. Fields of Eleria is ready to go as soon as we get funding.
I've partnered with a very reputable manufacturer, I'm really pleased with their products, and have sourced a highly reputable and reliable shipping and fulfillment company to work with, so it will all come down to any unpredicted acts of God that may pop up.
That being said, we're ready to go!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)