First update in 2016, we're on the way making OL a better printer.
Happy New Year!
We're a bit surprised to have collected 153 responses to our survey till today! much more than expected. Now we're working to sort out the list of first 50 responses to give out our little gift. We'll come back to you soon once it's done.
We're very happy that more than 80% of our backers are satisfied or somewhat satisfied with Overlord. Thank you! But true there's a lot to do for this team. So we'd like to share with you the improvements we've been doing in the last several months.
1. heater break down. We've tested a new 24v 60w heater to replace the original one, so far the result is satisfying. all new printers will come with the new one and a new firmware. all current printers can easily change to the new heater and upgrade the firmware. We'll release it in the forum this week.
2. redundant sensor. OL has 2 sensor for safety concern, either one breaks will lead to this "redundant error". solution now is upgrade to new firmware, it keeps working and will give a warning, until the broken sensor is replaced.
3.To improve leveling is in our plan for the 1st quarter of 2016, we'll be working on it and welcome your ideas/suggestions.
4. To reduce noise also fall into our plan, but we expect to have some result before June, 2016. p.s. linear bearing is a possibility, if we can find the right type.
4. A set of video instructions on operation/ setup / firmware updates / trouble shooting is also planned for 1st quarter of 2016, we'll release it probably in March. Please check our update then.
5. We're setting up warehouse in Spain and US for our users in these area to have better access to printers and spare parts. The shipping cost will be lower and delivery will be quicker. It'll be done before March. For who needs a laser function, can purchase on www.dfrobot.com and we'll deliver from Los Angels and Madrid to you then.
Well, we're having a busy 2016, just hope we can make Overlord a better printer, with your great support!
Thanks again and wish you all a great new year!