HardWhere - The pocket Linux PC, multi-user oriented!
Check out our RELAUNCH Kickstarter page on www.camboosa.com/hardwhere (redirect) !!
Check out our RELAUNCHED project on www.camboosa.com/hardwhere !!!
The Pocket Linux PC
HardWhere is a small stick PC that you can plug to any TV with HDMI port.
As a PC, as party companion, as an educational partner, as small server. Many lives, one HardWhere!
With incomparable multi-user experience.
Here is a full demo
(Please, plug HardWhere directly to TV. We used HDMI cable in the video just to show the pocket PC in the shooting)
We want a real multi-user experince! Every HardWhere can support infinite users: everything is in the MicroSD (OS, apps, files, user preferences), so you just need to replace the MicroSD to change the user.
Look at the MicroSD to Guess Who is using HardWhere!
The reason why
We thought that every one has a smartphone nowadays, and this is fantastic! But we have also realized that sometimes we need a REAL pc with a BIG monitor to do some kind of things such as watching video streaming, using productivity apps (Writer, Calc, Impress), discuss a presentation, studiyng for an essay, make a Kickstarter project ;) and so on...
So, we decided to transform any TV and any monitor with HDMI port you may find, in YOUR PC. Anywhere.
That's why we are creating HardWhere, a pocket PC that has to be:
- easy to plug - stop cables, stop space wasted, no installation hassles
- with a CUSTOM Linux OS - no viruses, no license cost, free updates, extreme easy interface, top performance
- affordable - we would like to save money for a good pizza instead of an expensive PC
- no dedicated power adapter - why do we need a separate power adapter when we can use the USB port on your tv? That's possible thanks to the low HardWhere's power consumption
- silent - HardWhere is fan-less
- privacy/theft proof - when we leave the pocket pc plugged, we want that every single data can leave with us. The solution is simple: we have put everything (OS, apps, files, user preferences) in the MicroSD. When you leave, simply extract the MicroSD and bring it with you. Easy and safe.
- multi-user - we want a real multi-user experience! Every HardWhere can support infinite users: remember that everything (OS, apps, files, user preferences) is in the MicroSD, so you just need to replace the MicroSD to change the user.
- connected - we provided full connection capabilities: WIFI, Bluetooth 4.0, USB ports, HDMI output.
- dual booth with Android OS - just in case you need some Android apps
HardWhere brings a complete PC experience in your pocket, ready to start at your will.
Take a glance
The Holy Grail of Pocket PCs ;))
Cablebilities + boot from MicroSD ;)
Mini, micro, pico, pocketable. With shark gill!
My office kit...
Small PC, big display.
No external power adapter, just use USB port of the TV.
Finally a full PC experience, with a simple CUSTOM Linux OS.
Everything in your MicroSD
The Operative System (a custom LINUX OS) is in the MicroSD, not in the internal storage of the pocket pc. Also your apps, files, documents, photos, films are in the MicroSD. Your user preferences, as well.
When you extract your MicroSD, everything comes with you and HardWhere become an empty shell, ready for another MicroSD. No privacy troubles.
Every MicroSD, a different user.
You can access your files both with a HardWhere and with a common MicroSD card reader.
HardWhere can be useful in many situations:
- as a Personal Computer - just choose the Tv or monitor you can find around
- as a family PC - every component can have his own MicroSD, that can be inserted only when needed and then removed. Share the PC, not the data or the OS!
- as an educational partner - with HardWhere, schools can reduce costs for computers and increase students productivity. Students can work at school with HardWheres supplied to the school, on their own MicroSD. Then they can extract the MicroSD, and continue to work/study at home, inserting their MicroSD in any card reader or in another HardWhere. WOW!
- as a SMALL SERVER - even if not plugged to TV, just give power to HardWhere and you can use it as a small server or for you peer-to-peer downloading and uploading... silently and with extremely low power consumption
- as a presentation companion - plug it directly to an HDMI projector!
- for fun - bring it to parties: you can show your videos, play your songs, scroll your photos, surf the internet. Much more than a common USB pen drive. You can airplay your data from your smartphone!
- and much more...
Andrea Cescon, 29yo, Master's degree in Law at Padua University, consultant at the most important Italian employers' association, co-founder of Camboosa.com
Marco Crosera, 29yo, Master's degree in New Technologies and IT applied to Arts at Accademia of Venice, web developer and interaction designer, painter, tech passionate, co-founder of Camboosa.com
Stefano Artuso, 29yo, student in materials engineering, artisan, co-founder of Camboosa.com
Risks and challenges
We've been planning the HardWhere since December 2014, and our factory is preparing for our purchase order.
Our shipping dates are estimates, and while we can't be 100% sure of them, we will continually provide transparent updates and communicate any potential delays.
We will do our best to ship early.
We will start shipping HardWhere to our backers in December 2015.
We will update you immediately if we run into supply chain issues.
We guarantee that Kickstarter orders will be fulfilled before any retail orders.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)