About this project
With an hour to go, I thought I'd give the final few people looking at this campaign a reason to back Ember. It's a great monster summoning game; it's a load of fun, with some great laughs as you launch a cunning strategy against your opponents' equally cunning strategy. Plus, it's now got Krampus as a Legendary Creature - what more can ANYONE possibly ask for? - Stu :)
Update: 110 cards + promo cards all for the bargain price of £13.
Ember is a strategic card game set in a fantasy world of elemental magic. Players collect cards to form “sets” that they cash in to conjure mythical creatures which they can use to boost their abilities or hinder their opponents. It's a race to the finish as the wizards seek glory by collecting the rarest and most powerful creatures.
Update: Ember now has SOLO Play Mode with 13 Curse Cards offered completely free.
48 Hours to Go: Check out our awesome list of Add-Ons (including a t shirt) in the Rewards section.
Here's how Ember fits into the magical world of gaming...
- Multiple ways to play: Ember has a variety of different ways to play based on your play-style. Casual Play, Hardcore, or even Battle Mode.
- A game of Ember scales based on the number of players; more players equals more creatures which equals more options and strategies.
- Plays with 2 to 5 players (best with 4 or 5).
- Fantastic Solo Play mode available (with unique Spell cards).
- 8+ Group Play: Purchase a second Core Set to allow 8 or even 10 to play Ember at the same time. Double the players means double the monsters - no two games will ever be the same!
- The perfect intro game for all the family, based on tried-and-tested mechanics from one of the world's most popular card games. This really is a game you can play with your kids, and they LOVE IT (it's one part Pokemon, one part deck-building game, and one part - take that! - explosive strategy). There are few games out there that scale as well for players of all ages.
- Intro Game: Ember is a simple game with lots of depth. You can teach it to just about anyone. It's the perfect light intro game you can play before, after, or even during those heavier games.
- Many Ways to Play: With a bunch of ways to play, Ember is fantastic value. Try Casual, Hardcore, and Solo modes.
- Replayability: Ember is a simple game that we still find ourselves enjoying and playing after hundreds of games.
- Simple Setup: Set up the pool of creatures according to their Victory Point (VP) score, shuffle the play deck, deal five cards to each player, and play. It's that simple!
- Fast-Paced: It's a fast, bright and colourful card game; the base game only takes about 20 to 30 minutes to play (Hardcore takes about 15).
- You're getting a great deal! This version of Ember won't ever be released in shops (via a worldwide distribution deal).
- You're supporting a UK game developer.
- We need your help getting Ember made. The more people who pledge, the more stretch goals we can include, making the game better for everyone!
- Ember has proven to be exceptionally popular with younger gamers - this really is the perfect game to play with your kids - or your partner (who we know hates games - this could be the one that tips the scales and finally gets them interested). Hey. It could happen.
- If you like magical spells and mythical creatures - Ember is for you.
- If you like variants of traditional card games then you have to buy this game!
We just came third in this week's SmarterBacker Badger Index. A great feat considering the competition this week.
As well as entrance to Alastor's School of Wizardry, you can receive the following fantastic reward / pledge levels.
We have many Stretch Goals planned and with your help, we will make them a reality. We'll discuss the specifics of our Stretch Goals in future updates.
District 31 already has a retail outlet web-store so we’re no stranger to shipping lots of orders. When the project is complete, we’ll have our packing munchkins pop each order in a shipping box and ship it to you via Royal Mail. You’ll have it a few days later in the UK or about 5 to 10 days later in the rest of the world. We’ve done this a LOT. Really. A LOT. We’re already shipping orders every day so this won’t be any kind of a problem for us. But, by all means, please send chocolate peanuts (our munchkins love peanuts).
Part of your pledge goes towards shipping your game to you. Shipping is getting ever more expensive, but we’ve subsidized the cost of the postage as much as we possibly can. Shipping to Europe for one Core Set of Ember is £6.10 (so we've given you a £1.50 discount).
For each additional copy of Ember you purchase, please add:
- UK: £2.00
- Europe / USA: £5
- Rest of World: £6.00
- Back us!
- Add a second copy to your pledge for your most magically-inclined friend.
- Tell your friends about the game via the Facebook and Twitter buttons below, or via good, old-fashioned verbal communication (we would also suggest telepathy but we know only a few of you took Madame Tremolet's Psychic Classes!).
- The more Likes we get, the more Promo Cards we’ll release. Bonus!
- Send us your thoughts and feedback in the project's comments section. We want to make Ember the best game it can be, and you can help us achieve that.
- Or simply show your interest in the game by following Ember on Twitter, liking it on Facebook, or becoming a fan on BoardGameGeek.
Risks and challenges
We are passionate about our games and take our commitment to quality seriously.
We always do our best to create something we can be proud of - from design details all the way to customer service.
This is not our first published game – but this is our first time dealing with this particular Euro manufacturer. As a result we’re pretty sure we can deliver in time (we absolutely need to be ready for April 7th as that’s when the cards go to the printers) so we’re allowing almost 8 weeks for printing (which is a long time) and the delivery lead-time is only 5 days from Poland to the UK.
And best of all, we get to visit the printers while they print to ensure our colours and quality is top-notch – you cannot say that when you’re printing in China!
Barring a few suggestions given over the course of the project, Ember is ready to print, excepting some stretch goal tweaking that may occur over the course of the campaign.
We believe we can deliver Ember to you by the UK Games Expo and with a quality we can all be happy with.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (20 days)