1. We're gonna start with the big one. We know the project is running 4 years behind. We aren't upset about reminders from you, but please don't believe for a second that we are somehow able to forget about this. It is a constant weight on our mind. There is rarely a week we aren't planning scheduling and working. I wanted to make sure we started with that because we know its on your mind. Please don't think we're ever able to push this to the side and stop working as hard as we possibly can on it.
2. With Anne waylayed the team has been helping me with getting the Call to Adventure out. Its going to have pregenerated characters, a short digestible version of the rules, and a prepared one game Saga. We have a complete draft of everything at the moment. Royce is currently working on mock-ups of one shot character sheets and I'm finishing up the final draft of the Saga. Its been looking fantastic so far, but I'd be hesitant to talk about a timeline of completion(even though it seems soon). Both royce and I have some business travel at the end of May, and I'll be able to talk to you specifically about our timetable for that in June.
3. For those of you who don't keep up with the blog on our website, we've been concurrently running three playtest games. They each have about 20 games under them and I have two notebooks full of playtest notes. Its been exhausting, but I've gotten a lot of great feedback and fixed some problem areas in the game(and gotten some good ideas about where additional fixes are needed). They're all winding down soon so that I can use that weekly time on making the changes. As our playtests wind down the Call to Adventure should be out. And I'm sure many of you will have feedback for me from your games.
4. When is the game done? I wish I had any real answer for you. We're working as hard as we can, but I'm just terrible at reasonable estimates. If I were you, I'd probably take any estimate given with a HUGE grain of salt anyway. Everything feels a lot closer. I've been having a blast playing this game so far. I want so badly for it to be done and for others to have fun with it.
5. Anne's Health: Without getting too specific, Anne's health is something we'll be dealing with for the foreseeable future. We're doing the best we can with it. Our move to Miami last year was partly because they offered her AMAZING health insurance. She's in for tests every month and she's an absolute trooper. Its not something that is curable, but hopefully with the right treatment she can be back to a fairly normal life. For now though, the amount of time she can work on things is very limited, but she writes and works on HJ whenever she can. We're always hoping that will change soon, but we don't know when.
That's all for the update. Feel free to hit me with any questions you have. I'll do my best to answer them.
If you would like more frequent updates on how the project is going, please follow us over at our blog. http://herosjourneyrpg.blogspot.com/
If you need a quicker or more direct answer to a question, please feel free to email me John@herosjourneyrpg.com