eufyCam New Software Release Notes and New App Preannouncement
Dear eufyCam users,
It’s time to share with you our product improvements for January.
We’re releasing HomeBase v220.127.116.11 and eufyCam v1.7.6.
Your system will apply the new software automatically when idle and should be no later than January 28th.
The major release notes are as follows:
1. Launched Alexa Skill. Now user who has Alexa Echo Show/Spot can say “Alexa, show me the front door.” to activate the camera and live-stream to Echo Show/Spot. Please go to Side Menu - Settings - Smart Integration for instructions. Currently the Alexa Skill supports English only and we will add multi-language support in the future.
2. Improved the accuracy of Facial Recognition.
3. Improved the delay when streaming to Alexa Echo Show/Spot.
4. Improved the wireless performance by optimizing video transmission protocol.
5. Fixed the bug where the camera would stream all the time and drain the battery faster when streaming to Alexa Echo Show/Spot.
6. Fixed the bug where the camera displays 12PM as 00AM.
7. Fixed the bug where the system may not send notification for Entry Sensor occasionally.
And we expect to release new App v1.1.6 in the last week of January as well.
You will receive in-App notification when the new App is available.
The major release notes are as below:
1. Added Custom Working Mode for eufyCam. Now the user can customize the recording length and retriggering interval for specific camera. This will let user finetune the parameters for specific camera if they think some recordings start too late or end too early.
2. Extended the Motion Detection sensitivity range. User can set the sensitivity higher or lower than before. This is to avoid excessive false alarms or short motion- detection range. We highly recommend users use the Test Mode to set the proper sensitivity.
3. Added Notification Settings for eufyCam, which includes All Events, Human Only and Best Effort Facial Alert.
- All Events.
User will receive “Motion Detected” notification on all events, including humans, cars and animals. Notification is prompt but could be too frequent.
- Human Only.
User will receive “Someone has been spotted” notification on human events exclusively. Notification is more specific and less frequent, but could be slightly delayed because of the extra time required for Human Detection.
- Best Effort Facial Alert.
User will receive notification with face thumbnail or Facial Recognition result exclusively. Notification may take up to 5s to send, as the AI engine needs more time to detect and screen faces. The delay varies on environment lighting condition, the angle of the face and the distance.
4. Added Check for HomeBase Firmware on iOS App. Now both Android and iOS App support manual firmware upgrade (Side Menu - My Devices - HomeBase - Device Info - Check for HomeBase Firmware).
5. Added Device Display Order. User can adjust the device display order on Side Menu - Settings - Device Display Order.
Here’s a glance to our development plan.
We met some difficulty in development and some features were postponed, but we are catching up.
Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or share your thoughts on our community at https://community.anker.com/c/eufy/productdiscussion
The Eufy Security Team