Important Software Update for eufyCam
Thank you for supporting eufyCam! Today we're happy to share with you an important software release.
Since backers started receiving their eufyCams, we have received tons of messages, mostly a combination of inquiries and suggestions, but also some issues. We believe delivering a solid system is more important than adding new features at this current stage. So, we focused on feedback from backers and worked hard to ensure most of the issues can be addressed in time.
Below are the key release notes for HomeBase’s v126.96.36.199 firmware update. We are deploying this firmware upgrade over the air now; your eufyCam system will apply this update automatically when it’s idle. No action is required from you.
1. Optimized the wireless driver, improving the wireless range by 20%.
2. Fixed the bug that prevented users from receiving notifications in some scenarios.
3. Fixed the bug in Schedule Mode that prevented eufyCam from following camera settings in Home and Away Mode.
4. Fixed microSD card errors. Fixed video play errors.
5. Fixed the bug that prevented eufyCam from detecting or recording events occasionally.
6. Fixed the bug prevented eufyCam from switching off, keeping it awake to detect movement and record events.
7. Fixed the bug that prevented Night Vision mode from switching off when the user turned off the feature.
8. Fixed the bug that prevented the charging LED on eufyCam from switch off even once eufyCam is fully charged.
9. Fixed the bug that prevented eufyCam from going into Sleep mode after detecting motion, which resulted in its battery draining faster.
10. Fixed the bug that triggered HomeBase’s alarm when eufyCam’s alarm went off.
To backers who are expecting new features, please do not worry. We are working on new feature developments and while simultaneously fine-tuning everything else. Please see the below timetable on our software roadmap.
eufy Security Team