We had tremendous success launching our iOS application via Kickstarter so we're back to bring our large Android user base an equivalent app for Android. Help us make this a reality.
- Anyone can and should use project management
- There should be a truly free tool for collaboration
- We believe in simplicity, all tools must be flexible and effective
- Each project should only have the needed features, and nothing more
- It has to be the tool all teams in your company, or personal life, can use for collaboration
If we reach $8k we will be able to add Push Notifications, with $10k we can make a Widget as well.
The current mobile marketplace is filled with solutions which are glorified task lists and note apps. We are trying to bring the full experience of online project management into the palm of your hand.
By supporting our project you are giving a helping hand to thousands of non-profit organizations and students who currently utilize our system every single day via the web interface.
- Nightline Association - offers a confidential and anonymous phone support line preventing suicide amongst students
- Hurricane relief effort with hundreds of volunteers
- Love Foundation - providing clean drinking water in rural India
- United Nations Human Rights
FlametreeMalawi developing centers for entrepreneurship in African universities
- Collaboration effort in Africa to provide drinkable water to countless villages
- Cambridge Historians - transcoding 80,000 medical records of Simon Forman and Richard Napier (two of the most popular astrologers in early modern England)
When we launched our web application over 6 years ago we had one clear goal, replace the need for using emails to collaborate with those around you on all of life’s projects. So we built an extremely simple and intuitive system that anyone can start using within minutes.
It has been a miracle that we’ve been able to not only provide this service for free, but we have gone through 3 major iterations of the system with thousands of features and functionalities built over the years.
When we started, emails were the main form of communication, now text massages have replaced emails as a way to organize and collaborate with those around you. Do you want to be a part of something awesome that will change the world for good? Help us bring the next generation of productivity to the mobile device.
Freedcamp is a for profit company created from day one to offer the fullest collaboration experience online for free. Similar to for profit companies like Facebook and Gmail. We’ve never forced our users to pay by limiting access in any way or even showing annoying advertisements.
However we do sell features and file storage which include advanced business tools with expedited support and personalized set up. This is how we are able to stay afloat.
The largest contributor to building the system to this point has been our amazing investors. Along our journey many systems were launched on a freemium model, and eventually they have all started restricting features behind a paid wall.
We are still looking for investors who believe in our mission and appreciate all the hard work we've put forth the last 5 years. Recently we've been fortunate that some of our enterprise users are willing to donate money to sponsor new feature development.
- Never charge for essential collaboration features
- Grandfather all users with their existing pricing plans
- Always try to provide a lite version of paid features for free
- Improve paid and free offering equally
- Do everything we can to support non-profits and schools
- If we ever go out of business we will give users an easy way to export their data
- Open Source Freedcamp so users can run it on their own servers, allowing the community to take over from where we left off
- You won't find many businesses who live by these principles. We do this because we started Freedcamp to help the world, not to get rich.
You won't find many businesses who live by these principles. We do this because we started Freedcamp to help the world, not to get rich.
Our users constantly struggle without a native mobile application to use Freedcamp on the go for life and work projects alike. This is why we decided to ask you to help us. If you use Freedcamp essentially you are helping us provide a native mobile experience for yourself. If you are not a Freedcamp user, you may decide to join and not only improve your life but help hundreds of thousands of students, researches, and non-profit organizations.
A top of the line collaboration application that can be used stand-alone or along side our phenomenal web based system.
Risks and challenges
The typical challenge when building a mobile application is finding the right people to design and build the application. We have already designed the application, and have employed an amazing team to build it.
We have also bootstrapped most of the funds needed for the mobile application, and need your help for the final push to get the app live and ready.
The reality is that whether we get funded or not, we will find a way to launch the mobile application. However your support is tremendously appreciated to help us and all our amazing users.
Learn about accountability on Kickstarter