Your secret Monday mission
We're on a roll...
Last week was absolutely amazing. We never expected this idea to travel so far, so fast. You're a big part of helping us do that. Thank you.
Here are a few inside updates we wanted to share with you:
- We've reached over 300 backers, and lots of you have contacted us saying how much you love this idea. We're totally humbled, and grateful to you all.
- The press has gone bananas, from TimeOut and Mashable to the Washington Post, and even in China! (check out the amazing Google translate).
- We've been chosen by Kickstarter as a 'project we love' and tweeted all over the place by those fine people.
- Based on your feedback, we've going to leave the C.A.T.S logo off the final posters. They'll be pure, simple cats.
- Some very interesting friends have got in touch, and we could have some very exciting news to share with you this week.
Despite all this coverage, we're still behind on our target. We need more backers - even if they just pledge a small amount, £1 or £5. That means more people like YOU - people with intelligence, style and a brilliant sense of humour ;)
So.. here's your secret mission:
Please send the text below to a few of your friends who might like it. You can use Facebook messenger, Email, Whatsapp or carrier pigeon. Here goes:
I think you'll like this Kickstarter project I've backed. It's called the Citizens Advertising Takeover Service (CATS) and the idea is to replace every single advert on a London tube.. with pictures of cats.
There's so much advertising in our lives, and this is about reminding people that the best things in life are free, and can't be bought in the shops. If we reach the target it will be a massive story, and maybe help people think a bit differently the world around them. There will be pictures of cats on the tube. No logos, no brands, just cats.
You can check it out at CatsNotAds.com
There are over 300 of us backing it already, but we need a lot more to get over the line. Even if you pledge a small amount it will be a big boost, plus the updates are really funny.
[Insert your namez].
Of course you might want to edit this, but it's a good place to start. If we all sent this to three people after reading this email*, we could triple our total faster than you can say catnip pyjamas scratching post.
Thanks to all you, for being the warm heart of team C.A.T.S.
* Top Tip - sending individual messages makes people feel special.