PLEDGE AT LEAST $30 OR MORE (OR INCREASE YOUR PLEDGE BY $30 OR MORE) BETWEEN NOW AND PROJECT END AND GET A BONUS FREE ENDLESS SUMMER T-SHIRT!!
CHECK OUT UPDATE #4 TO SEE ALL THE BEANIE OPTIONS!!
Founded in 2005 by Suzanne Akin, the company has been slowly growing by word of mouth and grassroots marketing. However, since the debut of the flagship store in Old Town Fort Collins, word of mouth seems to have gotten a little bit louder. We couldn't be more excited about that, but we have to find a way to grow while maintaining handmade quality.
The company's motto, "Find Your Wings", is about finding something in life to motivate you and make you reach for the stars. We find that for ourselves thru being active in life and creating handmade quality products people love.
We're always striving to put more of ourselves into our items, whether it's printing all of our shirts by hand in our workshop, creating custom beanies or hand making fun accessories. We take pride in our handmade beanies and want to keep it that way as we grow. But to get there, we have to make a few changes and we need your help.
So where is the money going?
- $375 - fees
- $1500 - Initial buy-in for most knit beanies yarn at wholesale
- $1000 - Initial buy-in for chunky crochet yarn at wholesale
- $1000 - preorder of yarn for scarves at discount (this is how much we need to order for next winter, but we can order this yarn in any increment from $200 up which is why we opted for a lower goal amount)
- $500 - non-beanie rewards
- $1500 - professsional grade knitting machine (if we raise $5000, we will be buying a new knitting machine that will allow us to explore more options with our knit beanies as well as being a faster & more reliable machine, allowing us to keep the price of our beanies affordable.)
The Fun Part
Customize your beanie colors for only $6!!! If you would like the option to custom select your colors (choosing from a wide variety of available colors), then increase your pledge amount by $6 per beanie.
Risks and challenges
These patterns are tried and true and we've gotten started on making a small stock of these beanies for next winter already. I have also talked with several people that are ready and able to jump in to help out with the beanie production. However, of course if the response is overwhelming, you might expect up to a couple weeks delay for us to catch up on all your handmade goodness.
The only true risk is if one of the yarn colors is discontinued before we have a chance to order. If that happens, we will find a suitable replacement for your beanie and still get it to you in time.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)