A twist on one of the world’s greatest Christmas tales, Scrooge The Board Game is an action-packed, tactical survival game. Blending classic board game experiences we all know and love with modern game play, Scrooge comes with a fresh sense of humour and a beautiful theme, that will bring fun and laughter to your tabletop.
You'll explore 56 London streets and interact with 5 innovative decks of cards that will either help or hinder you in your quest to be the first player to out-scrooge, Scrooge and beat him in his Moment of Truth Challenge.
High Voltage Magazine Preview:
There are many more independent video reviews on our website from:
- Everything Board Games (Dane Trimble)
- Board Deck & Dice Preview (Mark Capell-Helm)
- Little Knights Review (for junior scroogers)
- Unfiltered Gamer Review (Michael Wright)
- Gaming Knights (How To Play)
- Itsmorethanjustgaming (John Sharp)
Scrooge has been designed with beginner and advanced players in mind. The novice variation built into the game allows junior players to remove complex elements and certain 'take-that' cards, whilst still being tactical and fun for more experienced players.
Super Dan Review
We have also subsidised shipping costs. Please contact us for bulk orders.
We've partnered with a global, reliable fulfillment company GamesQuest to deliver the most efficient shipping experience possible. Our project timeline is below:
And teamed up with Cartamundi to produce the highest quality game possible.
Scrooge is more than just a board game. It's a creative experience bringing the World of Dickens to life on your tabletop. Marcin Warzecha's (Illustrator/Concept Artist) unique visualisaton of Dickens's World has deepened the thematic board game experience.
Extending the experience, there are over 30 original illustrations from Dickens's books, built into the Money-Box Cards.
- A game for families and fun-loving adults! We've been working tirelessly with friends, family and board game groups, almost non-stop for 3 years to create what we hope will become one of the classic board games every family will want to play. Even the more experienced gamers have been surprised by the quality and depth of the game! We will read and listen to every message you send us during the campaign and will continue to seek out how we can improve the product for you.
- Hundreds of playtests. We've simply lost count of the number of playtests, as there’s been so many. It’s been a long journey but there’s been so much laughter, fun and excitement along the way with friends and family, making the extremely long hours and hard work so worthwhile. Real validation though comes from blind testers and board game reviewers. That is why we sent the game (both the full and tubed versions) to over 15 independent board game reviewers, bloggers and blind play testers. The reviews have been openly shared on this page.
- We need you to make this happen. We are so very grateful for all your support, comments and suggestions you have made and will continue to listen to you so we can make future games even better! We are super pumped to share Scrooge with you, however we are just an ordinary family who cannot complete this project alone. The game is finalised and ready, with manufacturing and distribution all lined up in the UK. But to make this happen, we need your support!
- Stretch goals. The more we are backed, the more stretch goals we can deliver. This is just the beginning. We already have plans for Scrooge Expansions, a full-blown Junior Scrooge Game, and so many more ideas!
Scrooge The Board Game is in pre-production. Images on Kickstarter are not final. While there is no immediate plan to change anything, the final artwork, materials, colour and content of the game are subject to change and may differ slightly from what is presented while the Kickstarter project is live.
Risks and challenges
A year of research has gone into offering the best results for manufacturing (Cartamundi in UK and Republic of Ireland), shipping and fulfilment (Gamesquest, UK) for this campaign. Issues can happen, however we have been very diligent in setting up systems to give us every chance of being able to deliver on time.
- (29 days)