Vesica Piscis was created by a small group of people who, after many years of perseverance and passion for this project, at last we have been able to illustrate and put into practice our dream. That is to offer a new footwear archetype where sustainability and respect , not only for the planet but for every being living in it, are our main and only priorities. Ethics before aesthetics. We have used three main streams to create this footwear that are recycled, organic and vegan. These are synonyms of saving, simplicity and respect. With this in mind, we have been able to create the first brand of footwear based, in its totality, in a circular economy. This economy follows Nature's principle where everything can be used and where the word "waste" does not exist.
So here we are today, in the starting line, with this dream and the hope that we will be able to produce all our products with your help and support. If you believe that the world could be different if we start acting in a different way using our hearts more than our heads and if you believe that this will be possible if we are united in this goal, please give us your support.
The first brand of footwear designed entirely for a circular economy.
Recycled by the consumer themselves, just like any other product.
One of the most important aspects of Vesica Piscis Footwear's production process is to conscientiously choose the raw materials used in manufacturing our products, these being 100% vegan, organic and recycled.
Comparative table of consumption in the production of a tonne of coloured cotton thread.
The materials which make up the insoles that we use for most of our models are composed of two natural plant materials; cork and rubber. By combining the two, we obtain insoles that are highly flexible and durable.
Another innovative product that we use to create our range is the thread.
When designing the individual shoebox, we also took into account transport from the box manufacturer to Vesica Piscis Footwear. As a consequence, the boxes are assembled by hand on our premises, without the use of any adhesives, thus reducing cubic capacity by 90% and therefore reducing deliveries by the same amount.
When packing our shoes we do not use any additional paper for wrapping or separating them, as can normally be found in shoeboxes and which is completely unnecessary.
By doing this, we save around one tonne of paper every 34,482 pairs, also saving 2,000,000 litres of water per tonne.
At Vesica Piscis we have always had the firm intention to collaborate in the defence of animal rights, as we consider that a society is fairer when all of the individuals that form it are taken into account, regardless of their species.
Bearing this in mind, we took the decision to support the work of the Animal Protection Association LIBERA!
Vesica Piscis will donate 1.5% of all their turnover to the NGO's campaigns and projects and you can see where this money is going to on Vesica Piscis' and LIBERA!'s company websites.
Simplicity is one of the foundations for the creation of Vesica Piscis Footwear and based on this concept is our latest creation re-weart. With our new, simple and intuitive app, we can help you to transform your old clothes/fabrics into something new.
All you need to do is follow these steps to order your re-weart creation:
1. First download the app onto your mobile or tablet.
2. Once the app is open, we invite you to take a look at all of the shoes and bags in our range, so that you can decide which one you would like to transform your clothing or fabric into.
3. Having reached this point, you can enter your fabric by taking a photo of it to be visualised in 3D, clicking on the re-weart camera that you will see on the screen. Just above the re-weart camera you will see an info button, where you can find tips on how to best take the photo. When you have taken it, you will see that as well as being able to make the model entirely in your fabric, you also have the option of combining it with any of the colours that are available to you.
4. This is the final step in the design process of your article, where you can choose from the different options that we offer to tailor the product to your tastes, such as, the colour of the sole, the trim, the strap, laces and fabrics, and give it your personal touch.
5. If you are stuck for ideas, you can see existing combinations for inspiration and even import them to the design screen.
6. You will have all of the information on the materials used to make the product, accompanied by a table of sizes, so that you can check which one is yours.
7. Once you've created it, or the possible designs, and saved them in favourites, we offer you the opportunity to try them on virtually with our Imirror feature, to help you decide, if necessary, which your favourite combination is for retransforming your garment (iMirror instructions).
8. When you have chosen your favourite one, you can place your order.
9. PFinally, you just have to prepare the package with the garment/fabric you wish to transform. The day after placing your order, SEUR/TNT will collect it from the address given by you. When we have received your delivery, we will take from 3 to 12 days to make your creation and send it back to you to enjoy. * To avoid any misunderstandings, please see our terms and conditions.
Risks and challenges
The risks are limited as long as we are able to get full supported on the pledged budget. Having said that, and regardless of the great control that we have over our supply chain, sometimes problems arise, as in any large volume manufacturing process, it may be delayed. This is doubtlessly our biggest risk. Rest assured, we will do everything in our power to avoid any possible delay. Fortunately our partners have the ability to respond quickly to these unexpected situations.
Our promise to you is to never keep you in the dark, permanently be upfront and always do our best to surpass all your expectations.
- (44 days)