Funding Canceled Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator on July 18, 2012.
Photo-main
Play
00:00
00:00

Knowing what you love and with that knowledge finding out what is truly unique about yourself and pursuing it.

Before I tell you what I'm using the money for and how I anticipate mounting the Musical, I feel the potential backer should know that I've already produced Leonard Bernstein & Stephen Sondheim's "West Side Story" starring Leslie Uggams years ago so I've already had experience not only mounting a musical but also touring it around the United States. 

That said, I'm raising funds to execute the following in the near term:

1.  I will finish paying the costs of the cast album which includes (musicians' time, studio time and engineers' time).  I have financed the cast album to this point.  I have spent over $50,000.00 of my own money already on recording expenses.  I've been recording the cast album for almost 10 years now.  The songs were written over a 10 year period.  This project has been in the works for a 12 years.  The backers are coming in at the final stage of the mounting of the Musical.  All the heavy work has been done.  This does not mean there is nothing to do.

2.  Rehearsal hall costs to select the actress/singers and actor/singers who will perform the initial 'scaled down'/edited or abridged version of the Musical.

3.  A video shoot that will need to cover the cost of actors/actresses (all the actor/actresses that were selected to play the various characters in the Musical at the aforementioned Rehearsal Hall auditions immediately above), a director & choreographer, a rehearsal hall or a theater in which to shoot the video.  We will not need musicians for this because the actresses and actors will lip synch the lyrics to the songs because almost all the songs have already been recorded and financed by me.  There are existing vocals in almost every case.

4. The reason I feel the necessity to shoot this video is as follows:

a.  I want to have Casino buyers in Atlantic City, Las Vegas and Casinos elsewhere look at it and if interested finance the 'scaled down'/edited & abridged version of the Musical and mount the show for one of their in-house theaters.  25% of the time Casinos will take a chance on a new Musical or theatrical event.  75% of the time they will go with some known show.  I know and have relationships with several musical agents that do nothing all day but pitch show ideas to Casinos around the country and around the world.  I have some direct connections myself and will use them but I want to use agents that do this for a living everyday at Casinos where I don't have a direct relationship.

b.  If no Casino is interested in financing and mounting the 'scaled down'/edited & abridged version of the Musical; I will use the video to attract investors and sponsors to mount the show in a local theater.

Obviously, once the show is mounted in a small theater you can invite members of the  press, agents, Broadway sponsors and Broadway Investment Groups to further generate interest in mounting the full blown Broadway version of this Musical.  I am only interested in using the money I raise through the auspices of Kickstarter to finance the Cast Album, Rehearsal Hall and Video costs to attract a Casino or smaller investors and sponsors for the mounting of the show in a theater.  The theater can be in a Casino or a stand alone theater.

The full Broadway version of the show will run approximately two hours and forty five minutes.  The 'scaled down'/edited & abridged version will run approximately an hour and a half.  The 'scaled down' edited & abridged version will work well for all Casinos and small theaters.

FAQ

Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.

Ask a question
12
Backers
$770
pledged of $25,000 goal
Missing_medium
  • First created · 0 backed
  • Has not connected Facebook

See full bio

  • Pledge $20 or more
    You selected

    0 backers Limited (50 left of 50)

    Backers can come to the rehearsals selecting the actors and actresses as well as the actual rehearsals for the Casino show or 'stand alone' theater show that will be the initial show that is mounted and funded before the more expensive Broadway show can be mounted.

    Estimated delivery:
  • Pledge $20 or more
    You selected

    1 backer Limited (99 left of 100)

    Backers can attend recording sessions of the cast album. We can have five or six people attend various sessions at a time to see how we record the songs and mix them. Since I have written all the songs and will be present at these sessions, backers can ask me questions about anything related to what we're doing in the studio. Questions like how did we get that particular sound or how we came up with the concept for such and such a song etc.

    Estimated delivery:
  • Pledge $20 or more
    You selected

    1 backer Limited (24 left of 25)

    Backers can come to the workshoping of the Musical this summer July - August. It will in all liklihood be staged in Manhattan. An owner of a theater on West 72nd Street has already offered his theater for 'readings and workshopping' of the Musical. The backers will be able to see us work out the creative kinks in the Musical. For those interested in Theater, this is a very creative and revealing endeavor as to how songs and dialogue coalesce.

    Estimated delivery:
  • Pledge $50 or more
    You selected

    1 backer Limited (199 left of 200)

    Backers will be Invited to the out of town theater opening night party with the cast, musicians, producers, director et al. Backers can attend rehearsals for actresses and actors being selected to play the various roles in the script for the Broadway show. I will also be available to speak with you at these rehearsals.

    Estimated delivery:
  • Pledge $50 or more
    You selected

    6 backers Limited (44 left of 50)

    Backers can attend the Broadway opening night party with the cast, writer, musicians, music director, producers, director, choreographer, sound & light designers, special effex designers, prop and set construction personnel et al. Backers can also attend rehearsals for the Broadway opening at the Broadway theater too. Backers can get copies of Playbill Magazines signed by the actors and actresses and others taking part in the mounting of the Musical. I will be available to speak with all of you at all of these events. All people in the show will make themselves make themselves available to speak with backers and to sign autographs. Backers will be able to have signed t-shirts and CS's of the cast album by actresses/actors and musician and singers of the cast album.

    Estimated delivery:
  • Pledge $150 or more
    You selected

    1 backer Limited (349 left of 350)

    Since I have an extensive background and history in the music business many of you may wish to ask me how does one get wherever you are at present to where Bruce Springsteen is right now. I will take your questions over the phone on how to get your songs, band, recordings, live performances together as well as getting an agent, a manager, an attorney, getting signed to a record label whether it be a major or indie, etc. etc. in order to set you on your way. Perhaps, some of you who have websites can direct me to your websites so that I might see you and hear your songs to comment on them and give you intelligent feedback. Yes, there is a quantifiable process that one as an artist must go through if he or she expects to be a major recording artist. I have been through that process and was extremely successful in that endeavor. Just consider the fact that Bruce Springsteen is still selling out stadiums today and has been since the 70's all around the world. There was a foundation built that followed certain decisions that he made and others on his behalf made to help him achieve what he has achieved today. He is the greatest live performer of all time and one of the greatest Superstars of all time. I was part and parcel of his rise to worldwide prominence and fame. Call me if you're interested in finding out the real reasons an artist makes it to the top from a guy that really did it!

    Estimated delivery:
Funding period

- (30 days)