Let me not then die ingloriously, but let me first do some great thing… (Homer, Iliad)
Join the gods and heroes of the Ancient World!
Age of Myth, a roleplaying supplement for Fifth Edition, offers new options from history and myth to help you bring your own characters and campaign to life. Follow in the footsteps of Alexander the Great and make your campaign worthy of Mount Olympus!
The hardcover book has 90 pages of content, including new races, class options, and magic items, plus a series of mini adventures; all illustrated in beautiful masterworks by some of history’s greatest artists.
But we want to add more content! More races, more classes, more items! Backgrounds! Monsters! A full Adventure! Settings! With each stretch goal, we can add more content to bring the Ancient World fully to life for your next campaign.
The more people pledge, the longer and better the book gets, without costing any more than your original pledge!
Additionally, you will be able to add more items in the pledge manager after the Kickstarter. Another book? Of course! More maps? Absolutely! Check out the table below for individual item prices.
The Hardcover Edition will be in full, glossy color, while the Exclusive Edition will have an elegant textured binding.
The t-shirt will feature the Egyptian pantheon of gods on the front, and a quote from the Book of the Dead on the back in white text.
Right now, the basic hardcover includes 13 new race options, 16 new class options, 35 magic items, and a series of mini adventures. You’ll find more detailed descriptions of the new content below, including downloadable samples of a class and a mini adventure!
- Autochthones, children of both gods and Gaia
- Centaurs, half-human, half-equine descendants of Chiron, nymphs, clouds, and the sea;
- Satyroi, half-human and half-goat men and women descended from a messenger god
- Minotaurs, half-human, half-bull creatures of free will on an eternal quest to rescue their demonically-enslaved brethren
- Myrmidons, ants transformed by a god of war into human soldiers
- Cynocephali, dog- and jackal-headed invaders of the sea and desert, caught forever by a terrible curse
- Barbarians follow primal paths: those who follow the Path of the Bacchante fight unarmed with the fury of Dionysian ecstasy; those who follow the Path of the Lunatic find that reality warps and bends around them.
- Bards choose a college of study: the College of Engineering specializes in the magical creation and destruction of objects, while the College of Poetry emphasizes performances that stir the soul of existence itself.
- Clerics worship deities that maintain particular domains, including the Witchcraft Domain, purview of goddesses of magic, death, and the underworld.
- Druids may join the Circle of Leaves to become friends of hamadryads and treants, and be at one with the forests, plants, and vegetation that still blanket the earth.
- Fighters display bravery and gather fame as warriors of many archetypes, including Hoplites, spear-armed shock troops clad in bronze plate armor and heavy shields; and Immortals, elite fighting units of ancient empires.
- Athletes of the ancient world predate the later monks. They study the Way of the Wrestler, which emphasizes brutal, unarmed, close-quarters combat, in order to win fame and glory in the Olympic Games.
- Paladins swear the Oath of the Argonaut to achieve an incredible quest, and then strive throughout their lives to accomplish it.
- Ranger conclaves of the ancient world include that of the Medjay, protectors of the desert, who command the very sands against bandits and invading tribes.
- Rogues drawn to the game of intrigue may develop into Venefica, whose magic and poison make them dangerous foes in the struggle for power.
- Sorcerers draw from their Sylvan bloodlines, empowered by the blood of nymphs, dryads, and the gods of nature which runs in their veins.
- Warlocks follow ancient patrons, such as: The Gorgons, demigoddesses of power, beauty, and danger who make pacts with mortals whom they find interesting or attractive; or The Fates, powerful deities in their own right who prefer to influence mortal destinies from afar.
- Wizards train at the School of the Magi to combat evil in harmony with the cosmic order of the elements.
Download a sample of the Gorgon Pact Warlock [here].
Age of Myth adds 35 new magical items for use within a mythological setting that can also work with other roleplaying campaigns and settings. Additionally, the book contains tips and advice for consumable/natural magic items, a framework for a non-steampunk, high-magic setting, and new rules for items created by heroic deeds. All of the new content can be used in any setting, and the book describes how to bring more of a heroic/mythological feel into (almost) any campaign.
Age of Myth includes a series of mini adventures suitable for immediate use in play, with all of the monsters, magic items, and settings necessary to drop them straight into your campaign. The first of those adventures (in which the characters meet a medusa and her bronze colossus on their secluded island) is available to download as a sample below!
Download the sample [here].
Using master works by such artists as James Williams Waterhouse, Lawrence Alma-Tadema, John Singer Sargent, John William Godward, Frederic Leighton, Jacques-Louis David, Edward Poynter, and more of history's greatest artists, each page comes alive in full color and adds flavor to your next campaign.
Each new stretch goal unlocks more thematic options from around the Mediterranean. At no extra cost, the book will get longer with each stretch goal unlocked!
We are working with a network of printing and fulfillment partners all around the world. This lets us offer lower shipping costs and avoid extra customs charges.
We estimate shipping to be about $10 in regions where we don't have to pay import duties (US, AU, EU, China), and around $25 for other areas. That said, we'll handle shipping via the pledge manager afterwards to make sure no one is overcharged.
We will send out a survey to the email associated with your Kickstarter account on Nov. 1 using our pledge manager (CrowdOx). From there, you will be able to choose any add-ons you would like and provide shipping information. If you choose to update any add-ons or shipping information at any time before your rewards are shipped, please feel free to change them!
Click [here] to access the survey anytime after Nov 1.
Risks and challenges
Following completion of this campaign, we will pay for professional layout and final artwork. For any stretch goals we reach, we estimate it will take 6-8 months to write additional content, secure new artwork, and print the books.
Even still, we understand that life happens and thus have given ourselves a full year for fulfillment.
- (30 days)