New iPhone Bonus Plan
There has been endless rumor and speculation about the next iPhone. Apple has not released any official information about a new version of the iPhone, so unfortunately features, size and other changes are just that, speculation. Today, we have no actionable information to go on to say if today's GoPano micro is compatible, nor to work on a new version that would be.
There is justifiable concern about GoPano micro compatibility with a new iPhone, and the simple answer is we don't know any more about it today than we did 4 months ago. However, since many expect a new model announcement within weeks, we have a contingency plan to support our Kickstarter backers for what may come.
The following is a non-binding draft of that plan. Our goal is to preserve the monetary value of your original contribution. We intend to match the spirit of the draft below based on what (if anything) is released by Apple in the coming weeks. As soon as an official announcement is made and we have reviewed the technical details of any new product(s), we will introduce the final bonus plan.
The GoPano micro New iPhone Bonus Plan (DRAFT)
Apple is speculated to release a new model of the iPhone by October 31, 2011 ("New iPhone"). In that event, EyeSee360 will offer our Kickstarter backers who were rewarded with one or more GoPano micro optics a Bonus. The bonus offered will depend on the circumstances of the new iPhone:
A New iPhone which requires only a new case for GoPano micro to function:
- We will send out a new iPhone case for free, at our expense, to any Kickstarter backer who requests one.
- One Bonus case will be offered for each GoPano micro optic rewarded to the Backer.
- Cases will be sent once they have been manufactured.
A New iPhone requires substantial re-tooling or redesign of GoPano micro for compatibility:
- The Backer will receive a discount to the GoPano web store, good towards purchase of a new GoPano micro model compatible with the New iPhone.
- One discount will be granted for each GoPano micro rewarded the Backer.
- The discount will be at a minimum either $40 (USD) or 50% off the retail price of the new product.
- Backers will be responsible for the shipping costs of the new order.
- Backers of $200 or more will receive 1 new GoPano micro model for the New iPhone upon request, for only the cost of shipping.
- Beta Tester backers will receive upgraded GoPano micro models under a separate agreement.
- No trade-in is necessary. Backers keep any GoPano micros for iPhone 4 they have already.
General Terms and Conditions:
- Bonus is offered only to fully paid-up backers of record for the Kickstarter GoPano micro project.
- Bonuses offered under this plan are non-transferrable and will be valid only for the email address provided at time of fulfillment.
- Bonus applies only to a New iPhone product announced by 31 October 2011, and must be a clear successor to the iPhone 4,
- If Apple releases multiple, substantially different iPhone products by 31 October 2011, EyeSee360 reserves the right to only provide compatibility for one of those models under this agreement.
- Bonus must be redeemed by 31 December, 2011.
- No commitment can be made at this time towards a delivery date for Bonus products.
- This Bonus program will be considered null and void under the following circumstances: 1) If no New iPhone products are released by Apple by 31 October 2011, 2) If a New iPhone works as-is with GoPano micro, 3) If a New iPhone is fundamentally incompatible with the GoPano micro for any reason (for instance, due to lack of a camera module).