About this project
WHAT: PRISM index is a limited edition, handmade, silkscreened, mixed-media book that compiles the work of a wide spectrum of artists into one place. The name serves as an acronym for print, images, sounds, and movies.
THIS IS THE SECOND ISSUE OF PRISM INDEX. 60 BRAND NEW CONTRIBUTORS!
The goal of this publication is to create a collage of current art/culture scenes from throughout the US and the world. As a network for artists, this project seeks to establish a platform for multi-media sharing through the tactile, aural, and visual experience of print, images, sounds (CD), and movies (DVD) and to extend and elaborate those expressions through its online presence. PRISM index intended to create something that could not be thrown away, skimmed through, replicated, or forgotten.
Limited to 500 hand-numbered copies. Packaged in archival sleeves.
Specific details of who's in it below!
MONEY: The money raised will pay for the compilation to be professionally printed. Offset printing provides the highest quality and most faithful reproductions of the artists' work. It costs too. The other costs include the handmade paper and silkscreened covers. The CD's and DVD's, which must be duplicated, stamped and cased. Each copy will then be individually hand-sewn and numbered for you.
Canada and Mexico shipping add $4.
International shipping add $8.
PRISM index #2
- Silkscreened cover on handmade paper. 88 pages. Hand-bound. Printed offset with color. Short stories, non-fiction, art, comics, poetry, and more. Hand-stamped 95 min DVD and a hand-stamped 80 min CD sewn inside. Plus a bonus mini-comic/zine.
- Print section includes: Adam Gnade, Aimee Bender, Amy Lockhart, Andrew Leland, Bill Cotter, Brian Evenson, Chris Johanson, Colleen Kinsella, Eric Shaw, Eric Yahnker, Etienne Pierre Duguay, Jed Collins, Jeffrey Bowers, Jessica Wassil, Johanna Jackson, John Malta, Kevin Sampsell, Lola Dupre, Marissa Textor, Matt Furie, Mel Kadel, Michael DeForge, Nathan Danilowicz, Nick Gazin, Patrick DeWitt, Ryan Travis Christian, Stephanie Barber, and Trinie Dalton.
- Includes the below PRISM index #2 CD and DVD.
PRISM index #2 CD : 80 minutes (unreleased & rare recordings) - Hand-stamped
- Big Blood, Brian Dewan, David Grubbs, David Lightbourne, Doug Paisley, Dragging An Ox Through Water, Ether Island, Guitar Slim (a.k.a. Andrew Parsons, a hobo drifter, who mentored Michael Hurley. Not to be confused with the famed black New Orleans blues guitarist), Julian Lynch, Mountain Man, MV & EE, Ohioan, Phosphorescent, Radio People, Real Estate, Ted Lucas, and Your Heart Breaks w/ Karl Blau.
PRISM index #2 DVD : 95 minutes (award-winning, bizarre, eclectic, and beautiful short films) - Hand-stamped
- Abigail Child, Amy Lockhart, Eric Dyer, Kirsten Kearse, Malcom Sutherland, Naomi Uman, Nathan Pancione, Richie Sherman & Aaron Matthews, the Safdie Brothers, Sam Green, Seoungho Cho, Su Friedrich, Tom Barndt, Tomonari Nishikawa, and Tony Gault.
PRISM index #1 - (Samples Above)
- PRISM index #1 was produced in the same format as #2. It features entirely different artists and you can browse it here.
Artists featured in PRISM index #1
- Print section includes: Arrington De Dionyso, Bhob Rainey, Bill Plympton, Brett Eugene Ralph, Brian McMullen, Brent Hoff, Chris Schlarb, Colin McDonald, Dan Reeder, David Heumann, Diane Cluck, Fantastic Magic, Hermann Karlsson, James Jackson Toth, Jay Duplass, Jeffrey Bowers, Jeffrey Brown, Jeremy Bradley Earl, Josh Cotter, Justin Taylor, Kevin Lasting, the Kuchar Brothers, Laura Goetz, Lisa Hanawalt, Luke Ramsey, Michael Kimball, Mick Rossi, Prince & Pearl, Raymond Raposa, Schon Wanner, Theo Ellsworth, Trent Harris, and Virgil Widrich.
- CD includes: Annelies Monsere, Arrington de Dionyso (Old Time Relijun), Belly Boat, Castanets, Chriss Sutherland, David Heumann (Arbouretum), Fantastic Magic, Golden Ghost, Louis Munroe, Mi and L’au, Michael Hurley, Mr. Leg, Ormo, Prince & Pearl, Robbie Lee, Thee More Shallows, William Fowler Collins, and Women & Children.
- DVD includes: Azazel Jacobs, Carson Mell, Chadd Harbold, Chema Garcia Ibarra, Daniel Martinico, Dustin Thompson, Gavin McInnes, Hermann Karlsson, Jay Rosenblatt, Michael Hurley, Mike Kuchar, Michael Langan, Steve Emmons, and the Zellner Brothers.
Mini-comic/zine OR Mix-CD from select PRISM index artists (Also includes a "thank you" postcard)
- A random zine/comic will be sent to you. One from the collection. Here are a few samples. There are many more.
- Choose a mix-CD or possibly tape from: Michael Hurley, Nicholas Gazin, Mountain Man, Wooden Wand, Arbouretum, MV & EE, Big Blood, Robbie Lee, Women & Children, Real Estate, Ether Island, Ohioan, Castanets, Azazel Jacobs.
PRISM index #2 Metal Offset Printing Plates
- Since this is a limited edition one-time only handmade project we will not be reusing the metal plates used to print the magazine. That means you can get any piece of art/writing from the compilation on a used, inked, metal plate! These will be chosen at random and will be approximately 11" x 17". If you pledge $300 or above you will have your choice.
ART FOR SALE
(Click the links to see art)
Mel Kadel - BALANCE is an 8″ x 10″ print, edition of 50. It’s a one-color silkscreen with hand coloring on coffee stained paper. Last one left. (Comes with PRISM index #2)
Jessica Wassil - Teeny's Big Wig original artwork for Trinie Dalton's story in PRISM index #2. (Comes with PRISM index #2)
Jed Collins - Julie Locke - ink comic. 17" x 14" from PRISM index #2. (Comes with PRISM index #2)
Arrington de Dionyso - You Penetrate My Heart from PRISM index #1 (Comes with PRISM index #2 or #1 or another piece in the series)
Arrington de Dionyso - Hand-cut lathe record #1 (above) & #2 (below)
Lola Dupre - "Exploding Renaissance Lion", A4 sized.(Hand cut and glued collage)
Michael Hurley - Have Mercy - Original pen & ink that he has printed off and hand-colored and painted. 8" x 8" on 8.5" x 11" paper. Also, receive a copy of PRISM index #1 or #2.
Jed Collins - Original Commissioned Painting - What do you want painted?
Jeffrey Bowers - Original Commissioned Painting - What do you want painted?
MAKE READY STOCK
- Three versions of PRISM index #2 will be sewn together with the waste stock from the printing press. The colors and type are set up and tested with these pages so they generally come out very bizarre. Each will be different, with hand painted additions to the cover.
Thanks for your interest in our project! If you like what you see, please help spread the word by sharing it with your friends and posting our widget on your site, facebook, twitter, etc!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (50 days)