So if we can get Zippycups into runner's hands and pockets, we can reduce paper cup use. Paper cups have a place, just not out in the outdoor running world.
Here were some of the early versions
But here's what we get when we're funded
What advantages are there for the Runner?
- The little loop for lanyard, keychain, rubber band (?)
- Rubber band can connect to make a stretchy loop, better than adding loops to every Zippycup and having runners cut them off
- Very lightweight, < ¾ oz
- Holds 4 oz liquid
- Lays flat and pocket storable
- Made from USFDA food/medical grade silicone
- Impervious to heat or cold
- Can be operated with mittens/gloves
- Dishwasher (and Laundry safe)
Detail of the Zippy
For the Training Director
- Eliminate need to count runners each week and then plan for the cups
- No need to worry about some hydration stops that need 2X number of cups, if the course is out and back
- No need to throw the cups away
- And if you're frugal, no longer the need to save last week's cups (ugh!) for next week's run
Economics, if the environmental side doesn't convince you
Get out there and be a Zippy Runner!
Risks and challenges
We may need multiple tool iterations as there is always chance of new dimensions not being fully functional. This would cause a month's delay at most. To prevent this, we will verify design in single mold before multiple cavity release.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)