WE ARE SUCCESSFULLY FUNDED!!!!!!
I cannot thank you enough and cannot express my happiness (except through this picture that happened right after I found out)! But I can promise you, you will love this album and I will work very hard to get it to you by mid-november.
Mixing and mastering is happening as we speak, designing is happening, and.... well speaking of designing:
If we make it to 12,500$:
- I will print an additional leaflet inside the album with every backer's name on it.
- PLUS - Albums which are gift-wrapped will be done so with custom-made paper with cover art design!
- $60 - Digital download + CD + 2 tickets to the opening night of my show La Tempestad Extended in Caracas October 18th.
- $600 - 3 gift-wrapped CDs + 3 digital download cards + Record a song with me! (In NY or Caracas in November or December) Bring that ukelele, bring a guitar, bring a shaker, whatever! Come, sing, let's make mu.si.c!!
So keep the sharing happening so we make it to this next goal in the next 5 days. I know we can do it!! Here is the easiest link to share: http://bit.ly/funkynoise
Much love and GRATEFULNESS!!! Xi.me.na
It is with great excitement that I am here on this amazing platform, Kickstarter, to raise the funds to make this project a reality!
Since earning my BM in Classical Voice from Manhattan School of Music, I have performed extensively as a soprano in the United States, Europe, and Latin America, singing operatic, concert, and solo repertoire from the Renaissance through the twenty-first century. I am interested in music as a sound-space.
My family is huge... and christmasses are loud with dozens of different voices talking, singing, and laughing. As a gift to them I recorded a little carol that inspired me to do an entire album without instruments, just the voices inside myself. As I was exploring different facets of my voice I found that there was so much more to me than just myself. I was finding my place in humanity. We are all much more than one voice; we are shaped by who we came from and who we are surrounded by.
The holidays are a time for understanding others in order to give them something meaningful. To do this, we step outside of ourselves and express our love and joy for them.
As a classically trained singer, this was a big leap for me and I was glad to do it with my great friend Gonzalo Grau. He is a Grammy-nominated musician, arranger and producer and I thank him for his enthusiasm and commitment to making this happen. Together we recorded 10 of the world's most memorable songs with new musical and vocal arrangements in English, Spanish, Italian, French, and German. They are sassy, upbeat, trip-hop, doo-wop, Christmas-inspired fusion that will get you dancing any time of the year!!
- Crunchy Drummer Boy — all five languages
- Kurt Tannenbaum (Oh Christmas Tree) — german
- Divin Enfant (French trad.) — french
- Niño Lindo (Venezuelan trad.) — spanish
- Año Viejo (Colombian trad.) — spanish
- Christmastime is Here — english
- Luna Timbosa (Venezuelan Trad.) — spanish
- Noche de Bach (Silent Night) — all five languages
- Santa Baby — english
- Amazing Grace — english
To download Crunchy Drummer for free click here:
We took a chance and went ahead and recorded all the songs inside a closet in my house for three weeks. But now I need your help to contribute towards:
I thank you all greatly for your support!!
Hope this will be an album you come back to every year and still enjoy as if it were the first time you danced to it.
Risks and challenges
Risks? Well, if I don't reach my goal, I don't keep any of the money pledged to me. If I don't reach my goal, the album will not be launched this holiday.
As far as reward fulfillment, I don't expect any obstacles, delays or set-backs in the making of this album. Everything has been planned out beforehand. Nevertheless, production delays occur. If that happens, I will communicate any such circumstances to you in a prompt fashion.
I am committed to seeing this project through and have surrounded myself with people, like you, who believe in it as well.
- (30 days)