Cosplay Fandom Tshirts (Canceled)
Cosplay Fandom Tshirts (Canceled)
We love attending conventions, especially in costume! But what do we wear in our downtime? Cosplay t-shirts!
We love attending conventions, especially in costume! But what do we wear in our downtime? Cosplay t-shirts! Read more
About this project
WHAT IS COSPLAY? WHY SHOULD WE CARE?
Cosplay is the art of dressing up as Japanese animation or video game characters.
Let's face it, cosplay is one of the most exclusive fandoms within the geek culture. You need to earn your membership by either building or purchasing anime-specific costumes and then going a step further to display your costume online or at an anime convention. It is a very time-consuming process that allows each artist to pay tribute to their favorite characters, while making themselves appear more epic than they might normally be perceived.
WHAT WE ARE TRYING TO DO
We want to make cosplay more accessible to the general public with innovative products! As a starting point, we've developed t-shirts, cosplay kits, and a unique wig stand! Some of these products are still in the pre-production phase, so we hope you'll support us!!
Tshirts: How do you know someone is a cosplayer if they aren't in costume? More importantly, how does one advertise/mark themselves as a cosplayer once they leave the convention and go back to their everyday lives? Our answer: wear it on a t-shirt! We want to provide high-quality t-shirts with beautiful anime artwork and playful sayings that resonate with even the most experienced cosplayer. We will print four designs on a unisex style t-shirt and make them available in sizes S, M, L, and XL:
- I'm not a villain, I just cosplay one: How can you not be won over by the villain when they are even more beautiful than the hero?
- Girls make better anime guys: In a genre where most of the males are either strikingly feminine or have youthfully round faces, females can look more like a male character than most guys. That is, assuming she's willing to undergo the strain of binding her chest.
- My props are bigger than your props: The trend of carrying around excessively large props gained popularity with the release of Final Fantasy VII (Cloud Strife’s sword) and grew even more popular with Trigun (Nicholas Wolfwood’s cross-shaped gun). If you’ve ever carried those weapons around for a weekend, we think you’ve earned some bragging rights!
- Cosplay Paparazzi: With cell phones and smart phones, there has been a greater occurrence of “walk by” photography. Sometimes, you don’t even have time to pose before someone takes your picture. Doesn’t it make you feel like a celebrity being stalked by paparazzi??
Cosplay Kits: We’re excited to bring you two specially designed cosplay kits with distinctly different purposes.
- The Fix-It Kit has all the supplies cosplayers might need to repair quickly their costume during the hustle and bustle of a busy convention weekend. We especially love that you don’t have to sacrifice space in your luggage because your supplies are stored in a compact carrying case.
- The Kegadoru “Injured Idol” Kit brings the unique Japanese fashion trend, Kegadoru, to American conventions. Spice up your Lolita outfit or casual cosplay outfit with some bandages and blood splatters to garnish more attention.
Wig Stand: This is one product we’re especially proud of because of its versatility. Whether you want to style your wig in the living room or dye it in the bathtub, you’ll find our wig stand useful in all sorts of situations. Unfortunately, we haven’t yet found a manufacturer to mass produce our final design, so we’re offering a limited number of our prototype wig stands. We’re convinced you’ll love them, even if they aren’t in the final design phase.
WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!
We've done a lot of the foot-work by hiring artists and finalizing designs so that we could show you the quality upfront - without vague and uncertain promises. However, we need your support to move these designs into the production phase. Here's where you come in. By supporting us on Kickstarter you are not only helping to move this project into the next phase, but also helping us gauge the demand for these products. If we reach our goal, we can start mass-producing these products and not only send them out to all of you, but also start taking them to conventions and offering them on our website.
You can pledge any amount, with extra bonuses given out to those who donate more money. Not only can you get a shirt (or four), but there are also opportunities to benefit from our hard-earned expertise on the subject of cosplay. All of the prizes are listed to the right. We're grateful for any support you can give and remember to tell your friends!
International Pledgers: If you live outside the US, we'd appreciate if you could add an extra $5-15 per order to cover shipping and handling.
Most importantly, thank you for your support. I know that there have not been many quality cosplay projects on Kickstarter, but we're actively working towards making cosplay more innovative and accessible.
Support this project
- (45 days)