I'd like to show you a map of the demo, and my early sketch of the game's overall layout. I will warn that this is a bit of a spoiler if you're still exploring, but if you've finished with the demo and would like to know more about what is coming, this should give you a good idea. I've made the images small enough to obscure the finer details, but they should show the current shape of the world, and the finished structure as planned.
As you can see, there are two sides to this world. I refer to them as "recto" and "verso" in my notes. These two sides are connected by doorways, and corresponding locations tend to have a relationship. The icy mountain of recto is a fiery volcano in verso, for example.
The demo for the most part covers the main corridors connecting the parts of the world. The areas to come I want to make more directed and focused on an aspect of gameplay particular to each place, some of them built specifically around one lizard's power.
- ROOTS ZONE: A damp cavern beneath the forest.
- MOUNTAIN ZONE: An icy mountain ascent.
- PALACE ZONE: The stronghold of a long dead queen.
- RIVER ZONE: Every game needs a surfing level.
- MAZE ZONE: A maze of manicured hedges.
- VOLCANO ZONE: Lava courses down the slopes of the volcano.
- STEAM ZONE: Water and lava together provide a power source for the machines of this place.
I hope this gives a sense of the intended scope and trajectory of the project. Now that the demo is finished, I'm very excited to begin making the rest of Lizard. Thanks very much to everyone who has already pledged their support!