About this project
Skydog redefines the home network, giving you the power to see and improve your family’s connected lifestyle. Skydog is a mobile application and Wi-Fi router that uses the cloud to provide real-time visibility into the Internet use in your home and control over your network. With Skydog, keep watch over your network, receive alerts when you need them and improve the connectivity, performance and security of your home network even when you are not there.
BGG, DailyFive, Electronic House, Engadget, Geek, Geek's Room (Spanish),
GeekyGadgets, HackThings, KidsWire, Mashable, PCMag, PCWorld,
Neuerdings (German), ReadWrite, RTT, SlashGear, SmallNetBuilder, TechCrunch,
Technabob, TechnoBuffalo, TheAwesomer, Tom's Hardware, Vegi Bit, VentureBeat, Windows8Central
With Skydog, you gain visibility and control over your home network. It's incredibly simple to use and enables you to:
- Help your kids balance their Internet use for work and fun
- Use your smartphone as your network remote control and get notified when important events occur
- Tune your network for the performance needs of your family
- Identify the true source of Wi-Fi or Internet performance issues so you can resolve them
Skydog enables safe online experiences for your kids by setting limits and monitoring usage:
- Schedule Internet use for homework time & entertainment time
- Set limits for social media or gaming that they can self monitor
- Optimize for gaming when appropriate
- Block inappropriate content
Add sites to a Watch List and Skydog will track access times by user.
Works with any brand of smartphone to get instant access and quick control at your fingertips. You can set to receive alerts for events like:
- Your broadband service has gone down
- A new guest connects to your home network
- A child is approaching his or her Internet-use limits
Skydog can also alert family members when they reach their individual usage limits.
Set and schedule bandwidth priorities such as:
- Working from home
- Streaming media at night
- Working online with homework or playing games
- Managing multiple connected devices inside the home
Now you can see and respond to connectivity issues like:
- Too many users & devices competing for bandwidth
- Intermittent Wi-Fi signal to the media player
- Internet service provider performance issues
Get started with Skydog in 2 minutes by using your existing Google account to login to the Skydog dashboard or by creating a new Skydog account. Once your account is active, simply replace your existing router by plugging the Skydog router directly to the modem. (Or, keep your existing router and plug Skydog into its LAN port.) The unit quickly self configures, and you are ready to customize your settings.
Join the Skydog community of users online to discuss connected home and connected lifestyle experiences and issues. Get tips on how to better manage your connected home.
- Dual-band Concurrent N Wireless (5 & 2.4 GHz, 802.11a/b/g/n)
- Speeds up to 600 Mbps (300 Mbps on each band)
- Robust WPA2-PSK Personal & Enterprise (RADIUS) Wi-Fi Security
- Gigabit Ethernet Wired (4 LAN + 1 Internet) Ports
- Compact design (6.75" x 4.4" x 1.0"); (17cm x 11cm x 2.5cm)
- 100 ~ 240V Switching Power Adapter
We have 250 Skydog units ready for Super Early Birds! These units are fully functional and ready to ship. Become a Super Early Bird backer, and Skydog can be in your hands within 3 weeks of our successfully funded campaign ending.
Like us on Facebook and enter to win prizes and more!
Thank you for backing us!
Risks and challenges
Design Complete & Functional: The hardware has passed regulatory certifications and is ready for mass production. The certified hardware units are available in small quantities. We are creating the artwork and packaging for the Skydog router. The Skydog software has undergone multiple iterations and updates with reviews from our beta users beginning in October 2012. Our cloud service has been operational for a few years for our business solutions.
Manufacturing: We have a manufacturer in Taiwan that builds wireless access points for our business solutions, and builds routers for other vendors at the rate of multiple thousands of routers per month. We feel strongly we can handle a large initial order without encountering delays.
Supply Chain: The Skydog router shares a lot of the components and suppliers used in our existing wireless access points and business-class routers. Our core team has been working with our manufacturer for many years. We have confidence in securing the supplies and components needed to build in very large volumes.
Conclusion: We have a proven track record to deliver high-performance and reliable networking products integrated with our unique cloud-platform capabilities. We are confident that we can deliver the Skydog products on time.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (35 days)