CINETOUR, create your own live movie quiz experience!
CINETOUR, create your own live movie quiz experience!
CINETOUR : Choose a theme, we create a quiz for you and enjoy it against live opponents or host your own movie quiz night with friends!
CINETOUR : Choose a theme, we create a quiz for you and enjoy it against live opponents or host your own movie quiz night with friends! Read more
CINETOUR, create your own live movie quiz experience !
- Choose a theme
- Cinetour generates a quiz for you
- Play it against live opponents or host your own movie quiz night with friends !
Give it a try with the demo page of the game : English & French Demo
This version is an alpha demo, solo mode with "ghosts" (no real opponents/no account bound/ selected questions) - but give us your feedbacks using the KS' comments.
Socialize - Personalize - Play endlessly !
You choose a theme within hundreds : by genres, by actor/actress, by specific themes : serial killers, brothers & sisters, road movies, super heroes… and Cinetour generates automatically a quiz (a set of 12 questions randomly chosen in the database).
The database already contains more than 5 000 questions on more than 1 000 movies from all genres : Romance, Action, Adventure, Science-Fiction, Horror, Detective, Animation, Drama… all kinds of movies from new releases to cult classics. New questions and updates featuring the newest releases every month.
Once your quiz is ready, choose whether to play it against live oponents or to host your own movie quiz night with friends !
For an event, (birthday, wedding, Saint Valentine's Day, Haloween...) you can even add a personnalized question!
Example : For each friend assisting your quiz night event :
Put your movie knowledge to the test, challenge your friends to join Battles with great prizes at stake, anything going from movie passes to paid trips to International movie festivals. The movie game that took France by storm now in English... so go on... give it a try.. we dare you !
>> As a backer you will be able to vote for themes, questions, and films you want to see in the game.
Rules : You have 30 seconds to answer, and when you click on the button “FOUND IT !” button you have 4 possible choices and 5 seconds to choose the right answer.
- If you’re right, you win points.
- If you’re wrong, you lose points.
- You can also pass to avoid losing points.
The 5 question types you can find in CINETOUR:
>>As a backer you will be able to give feedback on each question to make the game balanced and fair.
- Solo Act (Training Mode :) practise alone just to enter the highscore box office.
- The Competition (Face/Offs) : play against other movie lovers online.
- Battles (Tournaments) : Enter the Battle for your life ! Be at the top and win trips to international movie festivals with a VIP Pass.
3 kind of Battles :
- Friday Battle : Every Friday, 40 questions in a theme will be selected. Every player can pick a run of 12 questions picked randomly in the panel to try and beat a score. You need a Battle Ticket to fight for the Battle. Your score will be saved and added to the highscore box office. You can try three times maximum to increase your score. According to your rank you will receive STARS that get you prizes every month in your CineBox*.
- Battle Royale : Every month: one topic, 12 questions (a little harder than in the Friday Battles)... You need a Royale Ticket to participate. You will receive more STARS than in the Friday Battles and bigger prizes. You will also receive a Battle of the Year Ticket if you achieve a high enough ranking.
- Battle of the Year : Once a year we will organize a super championship. You have to earn your "Battle of the Year" Ticket by fighting in a "Battle Royale". You can participate only once in the Battle of the Year. Prizes will be accordingly awesome to reward the world's best in this unique Battle (trips to international film festivals including flight ticket and a VIP pass for the festival, meeting with a movie star during the shooting of a film... )
You'll have to either buy your Battle tickets or earn them by your ranking.
So go for it, all you movie lovers, play the funniest trivia game around the world!
>>As a backer, you will have special access to tournaments during the beta and be able to win big rewards !
Every player will have a CineBox on his account. The CineBox contains digital presents.
Every month the stars you have won during the Battles will be converted into digital presents : movie entries, VOD credits...
Thanks to Cinetour, meet new friends who love the same kind of movies as you !
Organize quizzes for your friends at a party or for new buddies in cafes ! Meet real people who love movies like you !
Cinetour even let's you add a personal question in your automatic generated quizzes, so you can create a quiz for any event : for your partner on Valentine's Day, for a friend's birthday or even special custom quizzes for Cinetour community events!
Examples of personalized questions :
For a friend's birthday
- upload his photo
- choose a question in a list
- choose the 4 possibles choices in a list
- Cinetour automatically inserts the questions whithin your quiz
Each time you will create an event, you get extra stars in your CineBox which means more presents at the end of the month!
The game will be released in 2 languages, English and French and with 4 different question databases :
- UK & European countries
>>Why 4 film databases ? Because each backer and each player is different and we know that each region has its favorite and most famous films.
>>Each backer will choose his own film database, so your feedback will impact your own country's database!
A prototype of the game, a multiplayer online movie game, that has been tested on more than 3000 players during the last year. With the players' feedback and our team of developers we have created a better version in both French and English for cinephiles everywhere !
With this first version of the game we have developed a process, tried several playtest and designs and finally arrived at the version we have today; the Alpha. We can now add new questions instantly, add movies to our databases and launch a tournament very easily.
We also have additional experience on how to manage a community, how to answer your questions and how to impact the game with your recommendations.
Now we need you to help us finish and promote the game everywhere. We will provide you with exclusive access to the Alpha & Beta versions of the game and you will be able to win gift, goodies, theater tickets and maybe even travel rewards !
Because it's not only a game but a movie quiz generator!
Because we propose to create events to meet other movie lovers in your town. Not only on the internet but also in real life !
With our Battles, we also offer you the opportunity to show you're the best and to win great prizes that other games do not propose.
And because the game itself is more fun and has a great variety of questions, whereas other online movie games only propose one type of question (either movie extracts, either quizzes).
Because we propose a challenging game : compete with other movie lovers online and challenge your facebook friends.
CINETOUR is the first MULTIPLAYER online movie game !
CINETOUR, the game, will be deployed in 3 steps : - Alpha (soon after the end of the KS), Beta (Q2 2015) and the release (Q3 2015) for a cost of $7.99. Get your free copy !
Depending on which level you select, you will have access to the Alpha with the ability to influence every aspect of the game (game mode, themes, questions mechanics, point & time mechanics, Battle & Battle ranking systems…) or to the Beta, later, to help us to tweak the game (too difficult or too simple, rewards system…).
>>We want to know that the cinephile community is on our side and that the game fully exceeds expectations.
The new version is ready to be developed, so become a tester and help us finish the game.
Why are we doing a KS : We are doing a KS to develop a worldwide community of cinegoers and to improve our vision of the game with them before releasing it to the public.
The money will be used :
- To develop the quiz generator in French and in English and to offer it on our website as well as on mobile applications.
- To continue working on the question databases, especially the english ones.
- To develop great partnerships for great prizes, such as trips to international movie festivals.
We know that you are taking a leap of faith by supporting our new game, and we want to assure you that we will use the money wisely.
Here's our breakdown based on reaching our minimum goal:
- 65% - Programming-music-design and rights for recent movies
- 10% - Kickstarter and Amazon Payments fees
- 10% - Reward Premiums
- 5% - Repayment of pre-Kickstarter loans and expenses
- 10% - Marketing and Project Overhead
Extra money will be used to develop a mobile version of Cinetour available on iPhone and windows phones, and to add features to the quiz generator (see our stretch goals just below)
Currently our main goal is the $58,000 USD ! Let’s talk about stretch goals and future features when the project succeeds !
The co-founders of the game :
At the origin 2 movie lovers, Sabine and Raphaële organized movie games and tournaments in Parisian cafes; people loved them and wanted to play at home, so they had the idea to create an online movie game. (See Full Bio)
Richard : He joins the team as Community Manager with a wide range of experience in tech start-ups on both sides of the Atlantic. He is very interested in creating a perfect game with fair mechanics and great rewards based on your knowledge of the cinema culture. He will be your eyes and your voice during the KS and after. (See Full Bio)
The developing team : Pierre & Mickaël, our game developers and David, our graphic designer.
Pierre : Game Developeras a Master degree in Computer Systems and softwares– IUT Nantes - Specialized in the development of distributed applications. Since 2012 has been a Game Developer - Croquepixel – Nantes • Web Service Provider and Mobile Game Editor • Creation of applications tactiles interactives for Museums (MS Surface, Air, AS3, Away 3D) • Development of promotional games • Clients : CCM Benchmark, RSTB Compagnie, Drôle d'agence, Halloween Communication, Watt Communication, MCO Finance, Bridgestone, Chocapic
Pierre coordinates the development team : 2 game developers and a designer.
Mickaël - Game Developer : Has a DPCT Analyst Developer, Computer Programming from the Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers / CNAM – Paris
He has developed the game Transcripted released the 11 September 2012 on Steam, with Topware Editor : Ranked in the top 10 of best casual games according to Steam -jeuxvideo : the most consulted video game website in Europe - Prize : Best PC Shoot’em Up 2012 -Gamespot the 2nd -Metacritic (worlwide video game websites) : 78%
Mickaël is our advisor for the international version of the game as he has worked in San Francisco with indie gaming companies.
David - Graphic Designer : Born with a drawing talent, he started designing and computer graphics at the age of 12 and naturally became a web designer. He is currently turning towards ergonomics and interface design mixing User Experience and User Interface. He has a focused career path, has been Designer in R&D, then Web Designer for Graphic Studios then Artistic Director in a Communication Agency then Freelance Web Designer.
Pierre, Mickaël and David are all passionate about their work. They are part of the Network Cantine Numériques, a very active network in the digital, design and game fields in France. They keep up with the news and evolutions in the world of web and mobile game and design.
Our Music Artist : Eric Fadalti
Our VFX and Motion Graphics Designer : Valentin Chetelat
- Allociné : the biggest french movie website with the most extensive movie database in Europe. We have concluded a great deal with allocine : they give us the movie excerpts and teasers in exchange for visibility within the game.
- Our French Godfather : the French actor Dominique Pinon (If you’ve seen the Amelie movie, he was Josef, the grumpy cafe client still in love with the waitress Gina, who jealously spied on her all day and muttered notes into a tape recorder). We would love to find an American Godfather… like Robert De Niro :-) If anyone can put us in contact with american actors, please do so.
Risks and challenges
We know, after testing the concept on more than 3000 players, that everyone loves this movie game,-now all we need now is to be able to release it worldwide.
The biggest risk for us is to be copied by our competitors. In fact, most of our competitors only propose one question type and an asynchronous mono-player game mode (except general knowledge quizzes).
Our greatest challenge is therefore to stay ahead of them by bringing new ideas to the game and evolve constantly.
We already have our little treasure box (CineBox) with loads of ideas for the future and are looking forward to hearing yours !
So help us stay ahead of our competitors by backing us so we can reach our strech goals !
Thank you for your support in making this movie game dream possible !Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (44 days)