About this project
After all kickstarter pledges are fufilled, we will have these available at musedfable.com
We tried to design the most piratical pirate coins we've ever seen. We hope you like them as much as we do. Help us make Pirate Coins real by pledging and telling everyone you know.
Uses For Pirate Coins
- Upgrading your favorite board game
- To add authenticity to your LARPing and cosplay
- As a gift to your scurviest friends and family
- To make parties and special events more fun
- To bury in your secret pirate lair
- Because you're a pirate
Pirate Coins Game
Pirate Coins aren't just coins, they're a game too! With 25 of each coin and a small pouch, you can play a cutthroat game of adventure and plundering. Do you chance it, and risk ruin, or do you take the money and run leaving your friends high and dry? If you pledge $25 or more, you'll receive the game rules and stamped Pirate Coins pouch. The rules are available as a PDF along with a print & play version.
Pirate Coins will be made of real metal (lead free), and will be manufactured in the USA. The gold coins will be made of brass; silver out of nickel plated brass; and copper out of copper plated zinc. They will be about the size and thickness of a U.S. Quarter (25mm x 1.5mm).
Pirate Coin Renderings
Reward Tier Accessories
- $5 Pledge – Mailing Envelope
- $25 Pledge – Stamped Muslin Cloth Bag, Game Rules
- $50 Pledge – 3 Small Leather Bags (Brown, Black, Tan), Stamped Muslin Cloth Bag, Game Rules
- $100 Pledge – 3 Large Leather Bags (Brown, Black, Tan), Stamped Muslin Cloth Bag, Game Rules
- $100 Pledge – 3 Treasure Chests with the skull & crossbones symbols from the gold, silver, and copper coins printed on top, Stamped Muslin Cloth Bag, Game Rules
We started our company, Mused Fable, to create copyleft games and accessories. The success of Realm Coins has spurred us into action. After getting the fundamentals, like a business and a website, we have a pile of games we plan to launch. We hope Pirate Coins will be the first of many projects to come in 2013.
Risks and challenges
Last year our first Kickstarter project, Realm Coins, was a big success. We learned a lot from that project, including what to expect from manufacturers. In the manufacturing business, there is always a risk of delays. That is why it is important to have reliable contacts that remain in constant communication. We feel we have built relationships with reliable manufacturers. It helps that all of the companies are located in the United States.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)