Hello! I'm Julian Starks a lifelong Artist and Graphic Designer. I've been in love with Art longer than I can remember, throughout my life Art has at times been my outlet and my voice. As an Artist, I've grown from doodling Ninja Turtles in class, to being hired to design logos, paint murals, commissioned paintings, and design clothes for several brands.
For the last three years I've been spending my nights and weekends drawing oval shaped SpongeBob's and painting canvases with my daughter Zoë! She draws on everything, my notebooks, jeans, and even my shoes, she has a passion for art that is INSPIRING!
Through my time with her (which I LOVE), I've realized the HUGE difference it can make in a youths development in skill and knowledge to have someone experienced with a background in Art to guide and cultivate the skills necessary to excel in Art.
ARTkids will be a weekly class which will provide the fundamental skills and knowledge for youth as an introduction to the Art world! Youth will be taught how to use Art as a creative and productive outlet to express themselves. We will use their interest in Art as the foundation to teach and advance their knowledge and skill.
By attending our weekly class, youth will gain useful knowledge and experience in various Art forms as well as the basic instruction and foundation, which will cultivate and enhance their skills. Through this Kickstarter campaign, the materials and equipment needed for class and weekly projects will be provided. We will also feature guest speakers with a wealth of experience in the creative field who will visit and share their experience with the class. At the end of the 8 week course an Art show will be held for youth to share their work with parents, family, and friends.
How Your Contribution Will Help
If we reach our goal of $3,000 with your contribution we will be able to rent the space needed for weekly Art classes, as well as purchase the supplies and materials needed to launch and maintain ARTkids.
More specifically your contributions will help us purchase:
- Pens and Pencils
- Color Pencils and Crayons
- Watercolor Paints
- Acrylic and Oil Paints
- Paint Brushes and Sponges
- Gloves and Smocks
- Flat Wood (for painting)
- A LOT of Construction Paper
- ARTkids website creation and maintenance
Here Are Other Ways You Can Help
Help us get the word out about ARTkids and our Kickstarter campaign by telling your family, friends, co-workers, and the guy eating next to you at Subway about our campaign:
- Post our Kickstarter link on your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and LinkedIn)
- Write a post about our project on your blog, include our link, and encourage people to make a contribution.
- Write a post about our project on blogs that you follow, include our link, and encourage people to make a contribution.
- Begin a thread about our project on art community forums, include our link, and encourage people to make a contribution.
- Email our message to your friends, family, colleagues, and neighbors and include the link to our Kickstarter. The more people who see our Kickstarter page, the more likely we are to meet our goal.
- Embed our Kickstarter link on your website's homepage.
Our new $30 reward will include your choice of one of our *Exclusive Dreamer Snapbacks* that are produced specifcally for our Kickstarter contributors!
How it Works:
Kickstarter is ALL or NOTHING. If we don't reach our goal, we will not receive any of the funds pledged, and you will not be charged. If we do reach our goal, your debit/credit card will be charged on the day the campaign ends. To thank you for your support, we've put together amazing and unique awards. We appreciate your help making our Dreams a reality!
Risks and challenges
Once this project is funded we will begin creating the rewards to ship out you guys for your contribution! All Thank You postcards and paintings will be created by Zoë and Julian as original works of Art. The stickers, buttons, clothing and prints will be created specifically for ARTkids rewards and will not be reprinted.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)