My name's Michael, and I created Charted. Charted is a collection of outdoor enthusiasts who love spending time outside and creating products to be used there. After launching our collection of leather belt bags just this last year (thanks!) we are proud to introduce our newest product! The Twenty Five Year Belt.
About the Belt
We've created a belt that can be used for anything: outdoor and tactical use, or casual wear. We use the best materials available including Full Grain Veg Tanned Leather, high quality metal buckles, and rivets instead of stitching to increase the belts life span. Like a good pair of boots, it won't let you down.
- Made with Full Grain Veg Tanned Leather (the highest quality leather available)
- High Quality Metal Fittings and Buckles
- Our Belts are Much Thicker (7/8 oz leather, 3.5 mm) Than Normal Belts you can buy at the store. This makes them last much longer. There is no stuffing to make the belt seem thicker.
- Four Metal Rivets Secure the Buckle. Increases Belt Life Span.
- Reversed Leather Lip helps the belt sit uniformly and comfortably on the waist. It looks backwards, but we did that on purpose.
- Our Belts are 1 1/2 inches wide.
We created this product with the idea of using the best possible materials and components available. Thicker Full Grain Leather, Stainless Steel Rivets and Buckles, you get the idea. Where other manufacturers cut corners to cut down on costs, we don't. The result is a belt that will last for at least 25 years, but probably the rest of your life.
How to Choose Your Size
This is very important! We have done our best to approximate the belt size to standard US sizes, but if you want it exact, be sure to measure! (Especially if you're ordering internationally) Break out a belt that fits you already and measure it.
Sizes are: 28,30,32,34,36,38,40,42,44 all in inches
Types of Leather
- Full Grain (Ours!). This is what we use. It is the best cut and highest quality leather available. It is incredibly durable, and looks better with age.
- Top Grain (Pretty Good). This is a durable leather. It's great to be used for bags, backpacks or purses, but it's not quite as durable as full grain.
- Genuine Leather (Avoid!). This is the worst kind of leather (even though it says "genuine"). It's used in cheap products that are usually mass produced. Avoid this type of leather if you are looking for quality.
A Few More Things
This is a rather simple project but I have wanted to have an affordable, high quality belt for a long long time. The high quality belts that I could find were upwards of $80-90. The affordable belts were of inferior quality and would only last a couple of years. We hope to offer you the best of both worlds with our belts. Hopefully, you will never have to buy another one! If you do, you're covered with our 25 year warranty.
Kickstarter Project: January-February 2018
Place an Order: March 2018
Manufacturing: March-April 2018
Receive and Ship Orders: May 2018
Risks and challenges
Let's go through the entire process from manufacturing to shipping orders.
Manufacturing. Our manufacturer is one that we have used before and that we trust. They have enough personnel to get the job done on time and with the quality that we expect. Any delays would only be a matter of weeks, not months. If any of this happens (we don't think that it will), we'll be sure to let you know.
Shipping out orders. Depending on how many backers we get, this could be done very quickly, or take a little bit longer. Possibly even through June. However, if we see that the orders will take a long time, we'll hire outside help to get all the orders done as quickly as we can.
Throughout the process, we'll post updates (with pictures included!) to give you a general idea of where we are, how many orders we have shipped, and how much longer everything will take.
If there are EVER any problems, we will be transparent and let you know. We plan on using Kickstarter for a very, very long time and hope to build the best reputation that we can with our backers.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (40 days)