Zero Falls goes out to backers
We just pushed out 0.3.0.04 to all backers, updated authentication to allow updates for all registered users, and reopened the store with a much simpler arrangement of products: 1 item for $20 - get access to Zero Falls.
- fixed a bug with settings where pressing escape wasn't doing the same thing as the exit button.
- added in some post processing value changes that were forgotten from the previous release.
- recompiled all shaders for DX10 to provide more backwards compatibility. should not change performance or graphics.
- fixed a rare crash with the station info GUI element due to a null string value if it is rendered before being updated.
- respawn button crash was caused by the previous error.
- cargo pods now despawn after 4 minutes.
- activating the cargo scoop now slows your ship down by 50%.
- nerfed the out of sector speeds on most ships to make them closer to in sector speeds.
- drastically reduced the speed at which shards fly off of ships.
- improved impulses from explosions to give different values based on range.
- shards now slowly fade out and are removed from the sector over time.
- fixed a pirate ship design without a connected bridge.
- fixed a critical bug where saving a ship design in the singleplayer editor caused the game to crash.
- many keybinds disabled on logistics screen while you are typing a design name.
- the selected ship now glows in logistics screen regardless of if it is docked or not.
- fixed a crash when double clicking things that create a rollout menu.
- optimized dynamic light rendering by about 400% - this broke logistics but was fixed in 0.3.0.04.
- extension loading for backdrops was made more fault tolerant - invalid, corrupt, or locked backdrop extensions will simply prevent that backdrop from working instead of crashing the game
- profile loading was made a little more fault tolerant - if you corrupt a ship profile by editing it in an external editor it MIGHT not crash the game now...no promises.
- fixed an issue with the logistics screen created during our light optimization in 0.3.0.03.
- fixed a rare crash from firing a gun immediately after switching to ship interior view.
- fixed a rare crash from switching rapidly between interior and exterior views.