Easiseat is an innovative furniture aim to improve home life for elderly and disabled persons. Especially the severely disabled persons who have to take cared by nursing attendant, but still having many difficulties is their daily life. Esiseat is designed to reduce those difficulties and the hard works of nursing attendants by providing ultimate mobility, toilet accessibility and wireless controlled.
Easiseat is fully integrated with a set of mechanism, which assist the sitter to use toilet at their home easily.
Easibelt is an accessory of Easiseat, purposed for severely disabled persons who put no force on clamping the Body Holder that attached on the Backrest. With the Easibelt on, the sitter can be lifted in a total relaxed state.
The video shows how an interested customer was lifting up in total relaxed state.
Easiseat is highly manoeuverable, allows spin, lateral and diagonal movements. Particularly fits to the tiny flats in urban area.
Easiseat is controlled wirelessly, that convenient to the nursing attendants who taking care of an elderly or disabled persons.
Easiseat is not only about the technology that provides solution to those in needed, we also focus on Design, Craftsmanship and Durability. We choose wood is hopping the timeless and the natural beauty from the intricate surface of wood can bring an aesthetic pleasure and comfortable experience to users . And the joint we used for the way of wood-working is building up the durability of Easiseat.
Why crowd funding?
Easiseat can actually improves home life for elderly and disabled persons at different levels. However the handcrafted wood-working process takes so much time and eventually makes the cost high. We hope that Easiseat can be affordable to those who need it, so doing a conversion from handcrafted process to digital fabrication is the best way to cost down the production. Despite we started Easiseat with 3D modeling, the joints and the way of constructing it are still on handcraft basis. So we need your support to fund us from the very beginning of revising the 3D model and re-do all the joints for suiting the fabrication way of CNC , till everything is tested and ready for automatic production.
Another reason is to improve the Easiseat in some points that we collected from testers.
1. We are going to add the suspension system on the rear wheels of Easiseat, for those users who want Easiseat to go through rough terrain.
2. The transmitter, we will re-shape the transmitter to a more dynamic form , it will be able to attach on the armrest if the sitters want to control by themselves.
3. We will add a pair of battery indicators on the transmitter, show the battery levels of Easiseat and the transmitter itself.
4. Make variation in size, let the users be able to find one that fits to their body and still can go through the doors
5. Make few prototypes with digital fabrication for testing the limitation with every approach such as crush test, shock absorbing test, etc.
Easiseat has been tested by different testers. the feedback and comments from them will be incorporated into the revision
1. Mrs SO, a patient with Multiple Sclerosis, also is the director of Hong Kong Neuro-Muscular Disease Association
2. Mrs Chun is attracted by the design and innovation of Easiseat. Would like to have a test for her parents.
3. Mrs Tsang suffer from knee Degeneration.
Easiseat has and will be attending some exhibitions, to hear as more comment from visitors, from their view of points for improving Easiseat. Just one month we finished Easiseat, we have attended Opening Ceremony of the Smart Living for Aging at Hong Kong Science and Technology Park and Maker Faire Hong Kong 2017. The upcoming exhibition will be the International ICT Expo 2017 and Gerontech and Innovation Expo cum Summit 2017. Every fans of Kickstarter are welcome to visit Easiseat at the exhibition mentioned above.
About the small reward Key-ring
For backers who pledge us HK$120, we are rewarding them with a special key-ring of the logo of MoNi Studio to appreciate their great support to Easiseat. It is made of two materials, solid wood on front side and stainless steel on back side. The solid wood gives warm and natural beauty to the key-ring while the stainless steel strengthens the logo.
We were trying to made the timeline as detail as possible, because we want the backers to be part of us. We share what we did on the past and transparent every stage the Easiseat will be facing on the progress of putting onto digital fabrication and production.
Risks and challenges
Battery safety is out most concern. We promised that we only use certificated batteries in Easiseat.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (40 days)