About this project
Thank you for visiting our Kickstarter page!
We appreciate you taking the time to view the footage. If you like what you see than feel free to pledge, by clicking on the green "back this project" button to the right and follow the steps.
It is important you do this as your pledge will be recognised and counted towards our fundraising campaign.
Please note: Kickstarter is fully supported by Amazon and all transactions are 100% safe, secure and guaranteed.
About the Film
Hello Forever is the story of four courageous women faced with the harsh realities of single motherhood, poverty, prejudice, and corruption. In a world dominated by men, together they embark on a journey to find a way out.
Hello Forever is a film that was conceived by Australian award winning Director Peter Kirk two years ago while visiting his in-laws in the Philippines. Peter is married to a Filipina and while vacationing there, became intrigued with how and why the prostitution industry has become normalized in society. Peter pulled together a talented team of experienced industry professionals and their proteges and has been able to pull off this project thus far with a shoestring budget by indie film standards.
Director Peter Kirk and Director of Photography Noel Teehankee shot in the Philippines in 2011. We are in the middle of the post-production process, and plan to release the film in late 2012. Should we successfully raise the target amount, the funds will be used for:
- Color Grading
- Sound Mastering
- Sound Score
- Closed Captioning
- Festival Submission Fees
Who is behind Hello Forever?
A three time Academy Award Winner, an Americas Next Top Model Contender, an Online Film Festival Director.. the cast and crew of Hello Forever is composed of talented, passionate individuals each trying to be an instrument of change.
This collaboration of seasoned veterans and new industry professionals makes for an intriguing blend of old and new school film making. Academy Award winning sound engineer Chris Newman has brought on board two of his former students from the Manhattan School of Visual Arts to anchor the sound and scoring. The actors are a mix of trained veterans and emerging talents. Americas Next Top Model's Isis King is making her acting debut. What we have is a group of talented creators, learning from each other, and needing your help to complete this project.
Meet the Crew:
- Director, Peter R. Kirk is an Australian director, screen writer, and producer. He directed the short film "Denouement", which won the Best Drama Award and Best Soundtrack Award in West Hollywood International Film Festival in Hollywood, California (2009), International Film Achievement Award at the SoCal Film Festival in Huntington Beach, California (2009), and Aloha Accolade Award in Honolulu International Film Festival (2010).
- Producer, Chris Newman has been nominated for 8 Academy Awards and 9 BAFTA awards for such films as The Godfather, The French Connection, All That Jazz, Fame, Chorus, and Silence of the Lambs.He has won Oscars for Amadeus, The Exorcist, and The English Patient. Chris teaches both sound and production at The School of Visual Arts in New York City.
- Executive Producer, Jean Enriquez is the Executive Director of the Coalition Against Trafficking in Women- Asia-Pacific (CATWAP), an international network of feminist groups, organizations and individuals fighting the sexual exploitation of women globally. Jean has been involved in human rights work for 28 years now, focusing on international woman's rights for the last 22 years. Jean was awarded as one of the Outstanding Women in Nation's Service and 7 Yahoo!'s Modern Day-Heroes for 20111.
- Producer, Vinci Roxas ran the New Media Projects arm of the Film Development Council of the Philippines, acting as project director and manager for the FDCP, as consultant and analyst for the Philippine Film Export Services Office, and as representative for the FDCP Chairman/Executive Producer on FDCP productions. He founded the 180 Microcinema Festival in 2009 and is currently Executive Chairman of 180 Cinema Inc.
- Producer, Oli Laperal
- Producer, David Bianco
- Director of Photography, Noel Teehankee works as a cinematographer for Star Cinema, ABS-CBN. He studied at the LA Film School and has worked on some major Philippine Movies and series, winning the award for Cinematographer of the Year at the 24th Annual Philippine Movie Press Club (PMPC) Star Awards for Movies.
- Co-writer, Noelene Turton Noelene is a member of the Sydney Screenwriters group and the Sydney Writers association. Several of her short stories and poems have been published. She was also a co-writer in the short film ‘By the Water’s Edge’, directed by Peter Kirk. This is her first feature.
- Art Direction, Recci Bacolor
- Editing, Allan Obenza & Cheryl Centeno
- Score, Trevor Hoar is a graduate of the School of Visual Arts, New York. He has made various short films throughout his college carrier, some of which have won festivals around New York and have garnered major hits on you tube (Battle Field 3 live action trailer). While he is not directing, he works as a production and post sound operator mixer, as well as composing score music for various films and videos.
- Sound, Nick Hallbilsack is the protégé of Chris Newman and a Graduate of School of Visual Arts.
- Make-up, Bridgette Serhan has been working as a professional hair and make-up artist for the last 17 years. Her clientele includes the likes of Fergie from Black Eyed Peas and Vivika Vox (Kill Bill). She also served as director of hair and make-up for the 2011 Australian makeover mission series. She has been based in Munich the past 11 years for work in Europe, USA, UK and Japan.
Meet the Cast:
- Jinky, Jennifer Blair-Bianco has been a professional actor since 2005 working on stage, short films, and commercials internationally. In 2007, she received her BA degree in Theatre from Hope College, Holland Michigan. Jennifer, a Filipino American, plays the role of Jinky Santos in Hello Forever, a young mother striving to make ends meet in a city that has no mercy. This is her first feature film.
- Rommy, Isis King is an American model and fashion designer. She gained popularity when she joined both the eleventh and seventeenth cycle of the reality show America's Next Top Model. Isis was the first ever trans woman to compete, and is fast becoming one of the most prominent transgender people on television
- Sandra, Masumay Booc is a Performing Arts graduate at the Int'l Academy of Film and Television. She has been pursing her passion in acting, working hard to chase her dreams independently.
- Che, Rebecca Khoo is an ex-ice skater with a five-year National championship under her belt. After meeting the director Peter Kirk in 2003 during a presenters’ course, Khoo was featured in his Production “By the Waters Edge” in 2010. Here she played a naïve teen with aspirations to visit the ‘Big Apple’ meanwhile combating the perils of daily life.
- Das, David Bianco has been a professional working actor for the last 12 years most recently in NYC. David plays the role of Das. When he is not antagonizing other characters on screen he is helping Produce this film. Holding both a BFA in Musical Theatre and MFA in Acting and Directing
- Angus- Jeremy Domingo
- Pierre- Rob Rownd
- Dean Jones- Miguel Faustmann
- Edward- Jose Sanchez
- Maria Garcia, Kat Alano is a host, singer and actress who has been active in Philippine showbiz for 9 years. The former noontime variety show host and MTV VJ has starred in several films and TV series. She is now a radio jock and is currently working on her first album.
To date, the pre-production and costs associated with principal photography have been paid. We are now in the home stretch and need to cover the balance of the post production costs. Help these Artists pull together the final funds needed to complete this film and get it submitted into film festivals!!!
What happens if you don’t reach your goal?
Kickstarter is an all or nothing campaign. In order for us to keep any of the pledges, we need to reach or exceed our goal. No one will be charged for their pledges if we don't. So if it doesn't get fully funded, not a single donation will go through. Again, all or nothing.
What happens if you exceed the goal amount?
These additional funds would go towards additional marketing costs, advertising, and the development of the soundtrack. This only means that we can make an even better film!
When is the release date?
Fall of 2012
When will I receive my incentives?
We will begin manufacturing and completing incentives after our deadline. We will send you a message requesting t-shirt sizes, addresses etc.
How else can I help?
Spread the word! Link family, friends, colleagues, anybody and everybody to our kickstarter page, facebook page and twitter. Spread some love!
How do we contact you?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, we'll be glad to answer your questions! :)
FOLLOW THE FILM:
Support this project
- (31 days)